Chapter 1 - So It Begins

4 Years Later

It's been years since I recieved my mission from Pittacus, and I have been following his orders exactly. When I left on my mission I was given enough valuable Loric gems to last about 5000 years even when spent lavishly. This enabled me to prepare everything I needed to help the Loric. I am situated on a small island in the middle of the pacific ocean, it is not marked on any map, and having trained my legacies for the last 4 years, I placed an illusion around the whole island making it appear invisible and non-existent. Should someone happen to stuble across my island they instantly feel the urge to get back on their ship and as soon as they are 5 meters away from the island it is completely erased from their memory. It took a lot of training to be able to achieve that, and it is significantly aided with computers, and its still nothing compared to what the other Garde will be able to do.

My house, well it's huge what more can I say. It has a bedroom for each of the garde and the Cepan's, each with a four poster bed and small tv, those are the only comforts in the house, the rest of the house is designed for training. When they arrive it won't be for a quiet getaway it will be to prepare for the battle which is inevitable and fast approaching. As well as the bed and the tv there is a hidden room behind one of the walls, it is lined with human weapons, but also some Loric that I have learnt to develop based on my powers, if you press a button in the hidden room it seals tightly shut and opens an escape route that closes swiftly after you have entered. I highly doubt the escape routes will ever be needed but you never know what could happen. It has an Olympic sized pool and running track for basic training as well as a human gym. But I have also developed special facilities for Loric training. Deep below the building is an enormous training area with high celings and walls so that they can fly and climb, I can also alter the space with my own legacies to create any enviornment, snow, dessert, jungle to test their limits. Across from this is a hanger full of grown-up toys, it has cars that can change into submarines and vice versa, the latest in flying technology for the Garde that can't fly and so much more.

But the really important area is my tracking room, it has high glass windows that look out onto the beach below and allow in warm glowing sunlight, I have the latest computers all along the desk which lines the circircular room, as well as a huge table in the centre which is covered in maps and compasess. I have a whopping total of 81 computers in this one room, but the room easliy accomodates them. I have 8 computers per cepan and garde, and a further 9 to monitor news reports all over the world incase there is something on the mogadorians. One of the computers for the garde shows me their precice location on a map, I was able to do this using their DNA which I got out of the ship when they first landed, I was invisible and therefore they still know nothing of my existence. On 2 of the screens it shows bus, train and plane timetables in their local area so I can see their possible movements, and the other 5 screens moniter CCTV cameras around where they are as well as any major roads leading to where they are.

This is the best I can do at the moment. My legacies, of course, are very useful by focusing on the Garde I get a tiny sense of their future, I also get to read the muffled thoughts of the people I see on the cameras, that took a long time to control, and its still temperamental, but definitely worth it.

It's been four years and so far I have had no signs that the mogadorians have followed the garde to Earth but I don't doubt that they did. I know what I intend to do when they do start to attack the garde but it could be hard in some situations, and I need to be ready. I am fully aware of the Loric Charm, and from what I can see, the Loric are very well spread out so right now my focus is on One. She appears to have got in trouble with the police for shoplifting, just trying to be a teenager, I laugh to myself, it's been years since I was that reckless... Then the policeman takes out a camera and photographs her and her Loric scar, two minutes later the photos are up on a global criminal database, flashing up on my computer, letting everyone know who she is. And that will most definetly include the mogadorians if they are on earth. Shit, this can't be good. Shit, shit, shit. My palms are starting to sweat now something bad is going to happen. My legacy kicks in and I see into the future, Malasia, ...I see a glowing sword and...blood. Damn, I knew it this is not good.

I track her and her grandmother as they leave, pack their bags and head to the airport. I shift through peoples thoughts on the CCTV, due to my limitations I can only hear one person at a time and when I can hear them its muffled and crackled like when you have a bad signal on a phone.

'where did...*ssshhh* I put my passport?'

'I could really do with some... food'

'we need to contact *sshsh*..  boss, that's *shhhshhs ..crackle* the girl, let him know they are heading to Malaysia.'

Oh no. They found them, the mogs are here and they know where they are going. It's two pale-looking men in long trench coats and sunglasses. Now I know who I'm looking for on CCTV this gets considerably easier.

A few hours later and they have landed in Malasia. Where they are there is no CCTV so I can't keep a close eye on them. I have to go and help them. I sprint out my tracking room and teleport the last bit to the launch pad on the top of the building. I bend my legs and channel all my power into them, then push off the floor and rocket into the air flying into the clouds, I look back and notice a small crater where I pushed off. I love flying, this is definitely my favourite legacy.

I'm on my way. I will save One. I have a plan, time to put it into action.