Garde Suits

Ones POV

We exited the training area through another 'portal' that took us back to the house, right into the kitchen. It's a large open plan kitchen and I can see the stairs we first came down through a large archway that connects the two rooms. The kitchen is enormous but some how still homely, it has high ceilings and the wooden beams that featured upstairs are also present here, stretching along the length of the room. The worktops are solid oak whilst the cabnets are white and sleek, tucked away in a corner is a large walk in fridge freezer which seems a bit excessive to me but I guess she is just planing for the future when we have around 18 people here. Tali just brushes right through the kitchen and the spacious living room with large plush sofas that look incredible to just sink into. She keeps going past a pool with water slides and sauna, past what looks like a games room, and several other rooms with their doors shut so I have no idea whats in them, I make a mental note to go and have an explore later.

We finally stop at a huge vault like door with a key pad on the side. Tali's hands move so quickly typing in around 20 numbers that I have no chance to see what the code could possibly be, I'm a little hurt she wouldn't tell me the code, but I guess this means the room must be really important. The door hisses and then slowly swings open inwards. Hilde looks excitedly at me this is a very big moment for her too. Inside is a huge blue stone about 2m in diameter, embedded into the floor with smaller blue stones scattered around.

"This is where we will make your loric battle uniform. Each Lorics' suit is personally made and reacts only when worn by them. The style can be however you want, although most people opt for full arms and legs, I however prefer no sleeves, but this means I can't store weapons on my arms as easily. The style won't affect your movement its just personal preference, you can chose to add any armour you wish afterwards, although we tend to try and steer clear of that as it means extra weight to carry and can affect range of movement. There are certain features you can decide for yourself like how tight you want the suit, but there are some features that are predetermined by Lorien itself, for example the colour and design."

"Wait what?" I don't get to choose the colour?!" I interrupt her.

Her and Hildi chuckle and shakes her head at me. "Sorry hun, its not up to me its all to do with what legacies you have and things that I don't even understand but I can guarantee you will fall in love with it the moment you see it, its an extension of who you are so whats not to love about it!"

I let out a nervous breath anxious for whats about to happen and pray to god she's not about to ask me to remove my clothes. She asks Hilde to take a step back whilst she sits down in the midst of the small blue stones and directs me to stand on the large blue stone, the moment I do it begins to softly glow, I look at Tali terrified.

"Don't worry nothing is going to happen yet! It's just recognising that you are loric, always a good sign" she says and winks at me.

I feel a sense of calm come over me, beginning from my chest and spreading to the rest of my body and I sigh in content.

"That sense of calm is the Loralite" she says. I look at her quizzically. "The big blue stone you're on, its Loralite, part of Lorien, so you should feel protected and calm like being at home. I will also help you to make your decisions feel more natural." I nod at her.

"So..." she begins "what style would you like? Don't over think it just say what you feel"

I suddenly realise I don't need to think, I know what I need.

"3/4 length sleeves and legs, v neck" I say confidently. She writes some symbols on the floor and a few of the smaller Loralite stones glow.

"fit?" She asks.