I am number zero

(Before/During the fall of Lorien)

It's been a while since I have had any contact with Lorien. I feel as though they have forgotten about me.

I came to earth when I was 3. I, unlike many of the Garde, have a thirst for knowledge and can remember everything I see and hear which makes me a perfect research gatherer. I was sent here to gather research on Earth to try and prevent them from destroying their planet. As well as this, I also have a certain knack with legacies, its called Zimic. It's similar to the Ximic legacy, but instead of learning the legacies on experience I'm born with the natural ability to do all legacies, however, it comes at a price; all of my legacies are limited. Some are difficult to control, some I can only do under certain conditions, but all are restricted in some way or another, and in that respect its not as good as having the Ximic legacy.

Lately, I feel as if Lorien no longer cares about my mission but I know they will have their reasons and they will be expecting me to continue with the research. I am 17 that means I have been gathering data for 14 years which also, of course, means I have been through the education system. These topics are no way near as intriguing as the things I have learnt about Lorien.

I sit at my desk and stare out the window chewing on the end of my pen. I'm meant to be doing homework but I'm too distracted. My legacies can often make it hard to concentrate as I have so much going on. The distraction today is the future. My predictions are hazy as the future is constantly changing but it's made worse by the fact that my power isn't very strong. I can only get small faded views like looking through glasses that aren't right for your eyes. But this most recent view has been bugging me. It was foreboding, I have never sensed something so profoundly evil in a vision before and I know it is happening on Lorien.

I had contacted Lorien the moment it had happened which was about 2 days ago and I have still not heard anything back and I'm getting worried.

1 Day later

Lorien has fallen. Pittacus has given me my new mission statement. He has saved 9 Cepans and 9 Garde children. My job is to protect them and help them but I must also remain hidden. Lorien was attacked by a malicious, psychopathic race called the Mogadorians and nobody stood a chance, their weapons must be far superior to counter out abilities. Pittacus warned me that they saw the ship with the children on it leave and he has no doubt that the mogadoians will follow them to earth. It is in theirs and my interest for me to keep my existence a secret from the Mogadorians, and even the Garde. This means that I must train and train hard. I haven't really had to use my attack legacies or even really my defense legacies if I'm going to be of any help to them I need to be strong enough to help them when they need it most. I know of their protective charm. I know of their situation, and I will know of their locations.

I do not exist. But I am one of them.

I am nuber zero. And I will protect them all.