Chapter 12: A Holy Knight

Over a Month Ago. . .

In the outskirts of Canterlot near a small forest, a ton of wooden dummies of pony heads could be seen lying on stumps in an intersection of each other. Each one of them remained stationary in place until one of them is lifted up high into the air by some telekinetic magic. Suddenly, in just a split second, the dummy was split up into smaller wooden pieces and fell to the ground.

Soon enough, the other dummies that were on the stumps were lifted into the air as well and a grunt of effort is then heard as one was quickly slashed in half, another was kicked into another tree breaking it into pieces, and finally the last one was pierced right through the middle as a long shiny and sharp object made it's way out of it.

It is then revealed that the object was a sword, and a rather fancy looking one at that.

The sword was then levitated back to an unknown figure who just let's out a sigh.

???: *sighs* My, despite the major setback that I had nearly a year and a half ago, I seem to be more than capable of showing the Royal Guard that they need me no matter what. I didn't become a knight for no reason, but thus I needed a way to get thy name out in all of Canterlot and Equestria. I cannot let anypony take the place as I, former knight of the Royal Guard will one day show the world I shall become their brave hero.

The unknown figure then takes a look at all of his training dummies on the ground and shakes his head.

???: Though it shall be said that constantly training day by day isn't going to change anything. What shall I do in order to get thy name to all of thou ponies who shall respect me?

Suddenly, the unknown figure heard a whistle and it looked up behind him to see a Pegasus mare get his attention who was dressed in some mailpony attire.

Mail Mare: Sorry, if I'm ruining your deep thoughts there mister, but you've got some letters from Canterlot, Ponyville, and the Crystal Empire.

???: Ponyville?! Miss, are you implying that some of the lowlife peasants that live over in that area are sending out this news as well?

The mare raises an eyebrow from that with a frown.

Mail Mare: If you want to rudely put it that way, then yes. This is news coming from all around Equestria.

???: Hmm, do tell madam.

The mare flies down to the stallion's level and his face couldn't be seen and all that was shown was that he wearing some shiny metal armor. She then pulls out a letter and passes it to the stallion who levitates it, revealing that he is a unicorn and tears it open to read it.

???: What's this? "New Prince now officially crowned and titled. . . Hero of Equestria?!"

The mare hops and down with a bright smile on her face.