01. The Infamous Trio

Senior year

Senior year. The year everyone is most excited for. What more could someone ask for? You have the opportunity to go to football games, attend homecoming, and lastly prom. Now I know what you're thinking "Veronica you could start attending those since freshman year." Well, I personally do not like going to school events.

The whole idea of showing school spirit is not my thing. Especially having to be around people you have spent four years with, you end up knowing what each person is like. For example, April the captain of the cheerleaders. Blond hair blue eyes, the type of cheerleader that comes out in movies She is way energetic in the morning which makes her even more energetic during football. Then there is Dylan, her boyfriend. Brown hair, 6'4, Quarterback on the football team, and overall very attractive. The thing is just because he is attractive does not mean he has the mind of a senior. He is absolutely obnoxious, there is no way in hell I would become friends with him.

Once I'm making my way to my locker I hear someone say my name. "Veronicaaa!" I turn around to see the very familiar face of my one and only bestfriend. Alison Lopez. I met Alison freshman year, I was in Biology and the teacher had the brilliant idea of assigning a group project. I was assigned with Alison and from there on we hit it off pretty great.

As soon as Alison caught up I knew what she was going to tell me. "Why didn't you text me. You know I don't like walking into school alone." Alison says, sounding out of breath. Here is the thing about Alison and I, we pretty much do everything together.

"Why are you so out of breath? Did you run to school?" I tell Alison. She looks at me as if I'm actually being serious at this moment.

"Veronica, I sometimes do not understand how I am your best friend. Obviously I did NOT run to school, I was trying to catch up to you. You seemed real busy in your own little world." Alison says with an amusing tone while brushing her dark hair out of her face.

When we finally arrived at our lockers, I'm telling Alison how Christopher stopped by this morning to see how Mom was doing and did not speak to me. But as soon as I turn to face Alison she is not even listening to a single thing I am saying and her eyes are looking at something behind me.

When I turn around I finally lock my eyes on what has her completely amazed. The infamous trio. I say infamous because most of the time they either are not in class or in class but fooling around in the back. Let's go down the line and explain who is who. Shall we? We first start off with Alejandro Mendoza, brown hair to match his brown eyes, fair skin, and is the average height for a guy. Great personality, once I had him for a class my Junior year and he was pretty nice, helped me with the group work. Not to mention Alison has had a huge crush on him since Sophomore year but that's besides the point. Next there's Adam Michaels, a bit taller than Alejandro, blond hair, blue eyes, and great biceps. What? I had to say it, for someone on the football team he is pretty attractive. Finally we have Mateo Hernandez. Black hair, dark eyes, tallest out of his friend group, very much like the mysterious guy you read in books. I've never talked to Mateo, there's just something about him that gives off the "Don't talk to me" vibe but there is something about him I can't quite put my finger on.

I turn back around to face Alison and she looks like she is lovestruck. "If you like him so much just go talk to him girl." I tell Alison and she looks back at me like I have grown a third eye.

"I can't just go up there. You know I don't know what to say," she said.

"He knows who you are doesn't he?" I look at her waiting for an answer.

"Yes, but he probably just thinks I'm a random girl with a huge crush that is totally obsessed with him," she looks at me with sad eyes.

"Isn't that what you are?" I laugh. She pushes me lightly and laughs with me. "Come on, let's get to class, we don't want to be late on the first day," I tell as she takes a final glance back at Alejandro. I turn around to look at the trio, but once I turn around my eyes lock with Mateo's dark ones and I'm shocked at why he was looking in my direction. I turn back around to face the direction my class is in and only have one thought in my head.

"That was interesting."