26. Spend The Night?

"Do you wanna spend the night?" I ask as I'm cuddled into Mateo's side and he's playing with my hair

"Do you wanna spend the night?" I ask as I'm cuddled into Mateo's side and he's playing with my hair. He came over earlier today, it's already pretty late and I don't want him driving around at this time.

"You already know the answer V," he responds and wraps his other arm around me so he's hugging me. I relax against him, his warmth radiates off him and makes me feel really comfortable. He has his shirt off so I'm able to feel his skin, his soft warm skin. I cuddle myself more into him and breathe in.

"Mmm, well come on let's go get ready for bed," I try to get up but his arms tighten around me. I know for a fact he isn't going to let go, usually he gets up in a couple minutes.

"Just a few more minutes Vero."

I don't attempt to tell him anything anymore. I just love being with him. He makes me feel calm. My thoughts are always at bay when he's around.

My eyes start to feel heavy and I nuzzle my face closer to his neck. He's so warm. I don't know how, but he's always warm. Even when it's cold outside, his hands always manage to warm me up.

"Come on. Let's go get ready before you fall asleep," Mateo says but I don't move. "It's your fault I'm sleepy. You should've gotten up when I said so." I say and move myself closer to him.

I feel the vibration coming from his chest as he chuckles. He sits up still having his arms around me. "Let's brush our teeth real quick, use the restroom if we need to, and then we'll be back in bed." I move my head from his neck and look at him with droopy eyes. He smiles and puts his hand on my face.

"You're so beautiful V."

I drop my head onto his shoulder hoping he won't notice my red cheeks. But he already knows the effect he has on me so it's useless.

"Thank you," I say while smiling. I move my head back so I'm able to look at him again. "You're very handsome," I grab his face and peck his lips. Before he has the chance to deepen the kiss, I remove his arms from around me and stand up from the bed. He tilts his head to the side and a smirk places itself onto his face. I make my way towards the bathroom.

Mateo walks in a few seconds after me and starts to brush his teeth. Our night routine consists of brushing our teeth, using the restroom if needed, and washing our face. I told Mateo it's good to cleanse his skin before going to bed, so he started doing it with me.

I'm still pretty sleepy so I just do the routine silently. I can feel Mateo's eyes on me so once I'm done I head back out onto the room and get comfortable on my bed. I close my eyes and feel sleep taking over by the second. But before I'm completely out, Mateo lays down beside me and brings me into his chest. His hand slips underneath my shirt and his thumb gently rubs small circles on my stomach. After a few seconds, I'm out like a light.

~

Mateo keeps moving from beside me and I groan. Why do some people move a lot while sleeping? It doesn't make sense to me but I'm not going to complain. He usually never moves a lot but I guess tonight he must be having trouble sleeping.