30. The "L" Word

"I love you Veronica

"I love you Veronica."

My eyes widen as I look at the boy in front of me. He said it. "I love you," those three words are what made my heart flip in my chest. I love him so much. Just hearing those words make me want to burst into tears.

"I- I love you too Mateo." I smile with tears in my eyes. Closing the gap between us once again, I kiss him with so much love. Some of the tears fall out and roll down my cheeks. I pull back and put both of my hands on his face. Letting out a small laugh while crying, I stare at his beautiful face.

"Why are you crying V," he says as he runs a hand through my hair. A huge grin plays on my lips. Some of my tears land on Mateo's shirt beneath me. "Because, I love you so much Mateo. God you don't know how long I've been wanting to say that." I peck his lips a bunch of times like he does with me. It's my time to show him affection.

He deserves every ounce of love in me.

His smile grows as I kiss all over his face. I love that smile. I love his personality. I love how he treats me. I love him.

"Okay V," he chuckles. "I love you too. A lot. I've been wanting to say it too. I just didn't know how you would react. I've been wanting to say it ever since I brought you to the field for the first time." I smile at him and run my hand through his hair. He closes his eyes and has a small smile on his lips. His deep tan skin is smooth as ever. The luscious lips I adore kissing are a little swollen from the kisses we have shared since we got here. He's beautiful.

And I'm glad he chose me and I chose him.

"I love you," his brown eyes open when I'm done saying my favorite three words. His small smile turns into a wide one where I'm able to see his pearly white teeth. Every time I see him smile or just look at him in general, butterflies flutter in my stomach.

He grabs my face with his large hands and brings me closer to his lips. His soft lips meet mine and I relax even more. We both move our lips slowly, wanting to enjoy the moment forever. He slowly rolls us over so now he's on top of me, his right hand holds him up so his weight isn't all on me and his left hand is on my waist. My body and mind are only focused on Mateo.

The hand that sits on my waist, slowly makes his way down to my thigh. He disconnects his lips from mine and starts kissing my jaw. The soft lips I love the most, move down to my neck and his hand softly runs up to my waist and back down to my thigh.

I run my hands through his hair and lightly tug at it. He releases a groan and I'm proud of the reaction he gave me. He sucks on the sweet spot on my neck and I gasp. I can feel him smile against my neck as he continues to suck on my sweet spot. His hand goes underneath my shirt and I feel the warmth of his hand on my bare stomach. It continues to move up but once he's by my bra, I open my eyes and grab his hand quickly.

Mateo detaches his lips from my neck and looks down at me. His eyes scan my face which I'm assuming I have a look of unsureness plastered on. "I'm sorry Veronica, I got ahead of myself." He shakes his head and begins to start moving off me. I quickly grab his perfect face and attach my lips on him. His shoulders that were tense before, relax and he kisses back.