four

•°•°•

•°•°•

"Okay, guys," McGee put the phone hearer down, "I think we got everyone that has relations to Nolan and the other victims." Gibbs looks at him expectactly, gesturing for him to go on.

Sighing McGee gets up, showing a document with at least 30 names on the TV. "That list was incredibly long, so Garcia, the BAU's technical analyst, and I, compared the list me made for Nolan, with the lists she created of the other three victims, they told us about-" Laura lifts her arms interrupting McGee.

"Okay, wait, hold on, I wanted to ask about this before. What was with the other victims, I never heard about them except when you," she points at Gibbs who looks at her with an raised eyebrow, "told me that there were three others."

McGee looks at Gibbs for a split second before he turns to Laura. "You were with Ducky when they told us. So basically, they found the first two, two weeks ago, same M.O., except there were no carvings, and there was no drowning being the death cause, they were simply strangled and then shot. They immediately called in the FBI because they feared an spree killer, that killed discharged marines. A week ago they found another marine, same as the first two."

Laura nods thankful and Gibbs gestures for McGee to continue. "Okay so, the list is now down to thirty five. Apperantly those four were the quartet of slimey marine activities, from the confimed knowledge they were all dishonourly discharged on the same day, with the same covictions. Many of the sexual assult victims said out, that the four were always together and assaulted them all together. Apperantly the night of the murder, when Nolan left his position, the other three were gone too. People suspect them to have left together."

Gibbs nods. "All right, I want you all to look through these names, find as to who may have been resposible for their deaths. Somebody wanted revenge for something that has been done by these men, so get to work. I will talk to the profilers, maybe their profile will help us a bit more."

The man walks away from them and the team sits down at their desks. "Alright, I send each of you a few names to check out." Explains McGee, before he goes quiet and an e-mail with names pops up on Laura's screen.

"And to work we go." Mutters the brunette before starting.

•°•°•

A good two hours in, the blonde FBI media liaison enters the bullpen from the conference room the BAU has been staying in.

"Sorry, but could anybody tell me where to get coffee here?" The team looks up from their screens at the blonde standing in the middle of the room.

"Laura, considering you threw your coffee at you brother, show her where to get some, and bring us some too." Gibbs voices from his desk, not looking up from his screen. The brunette nods, more than content with getting away from the computer for a while.

Getting up and grabbin her jacket she walks up to JJ smiling. "Come on."

Walking into the elevator the door close behind the two, and Laura let's out a sigh. "I could never understand how people can be happy by just sitting behind a computer all day."

Laughing quietly, JJ nods understanding. "You should meet our technical analyst then."

"Is she cool?" JJ laughs at her choice of words, before nodding. "Very cool."

Smiling brightly the brunette nods, before the elevator door open and the two walk outside. JJ looks at her confused. "You don't have any coffee inside?"

"We do, but if you don't want the most disgusting coffee you ever had then you really shouldn't drink the coffee in there." Smiling lightly the brunette walks to her car. "Don't worry, just five minutes away is a coffee shop with amazing coffee."

Getting inside the car JJ nods smiling. "If you say so."

"I promise you will like it." Laura reassures the blonde. Driving out of the parking lot, Laura looks from the road to JJ.

"So how's the profile going?" The blonde looks to the brunette. "When we get back, they should be ready to present it."

"That's great, I really hope that it will help us, because I don't want to hang on that computer for much longer." JJ nods understanding.

Arriving at the coffee shop not long after, the two get out, order the coffees and walk back to the car, holding small conversations.

"So you work with your brother?" Laura nods laughing, holding the two tablet with the drinks on it while JJ gets inside the car. "Yeah, we technically even share a desk, I don't know what Gibbs thought when doing that."

Laura gives the tablets to JJ, and walks around the car, getting in the drivers seat. "I mean working with him is fun, but it also sucks at times, you know."

JJ looks at the brunette while she drives back to the office. "He is my older brother, meaning he is protective, and in our line of work that is difficult, with the prominent danger and all, also he is just naturally annoying."

JJ nods understanding, looking at the brunettes side profile. "He's your brother it's his job to be annoying. And I guess as long as you catch the bad guys and are still alive, everything's fine."

Laura chuckles looking at JJ for a second. "I guess you're right."

"I know I am." Smirks JJ, making Laura laugh. "Getting cocky, are we now."

The blonde starts laughing, shaking her head. "It's not cocky, as long as it's the truth."

"Ah, but it is, it's the perfect description of the comment you just made." Laura joins in on JJ's laugh, looking at her for a second.

"Eyes on the road, DiNozzo." The blonde almost immediately points out, while holding onto the tablets with the cups. "One wrong move and I am covered in coffee."

"I could make quite the inappropriate comment right there, but I am holding back, because I know how to not sound cocky." Laura retorts. Out of the corner of her eyes she could see the blonde becoming slightly red, before looking out of the window.

"That is not exactly what cocky means." Mutters JJ blushing slightly. Laura shakes her head. "I know, but you understand my point."

"Oh, shut up." Mutters JJ quietly, making the brunette laugh a bit more. "Very mature, JJ, very mature."

JJ's phone vibrates indicating a arrived message. She holds both tablets with one hand in place on her lap, while trying to get her phone out of her pocket. Looking on it without letting any coffee fall of she reads the message. "They are presenting the profile, when we get back with the coffee."

Nodding the brunette starts to drive a bit faster, arriving quickly at the navy yard.