sixteen

•○•○•

•○•○•

JJ's eyes widen and she let's the fry fall from her grip. She opens her mouth a couple time. "Oh, uhm, Laura, uhm." She starts to ramble.

Laura slowly starts to regret her words, not thinking about what she did when she let those words slip. Waving her off, Laura bites her lip. "Just-, just forget I said anything, sorry."

JJ just stares at her, not being able to say a word. Slowly feeling worse and worse Laura looks down at her plate, putting a fry in her mouth.

"Laura, I-" JJ starts after a few moments of silence. "No, no you don't have to say anything, I shouldn't have said something like this, I often just don't think, it's been a problem before, please just forget I said anything."

The blonde looks at her, biting her lip. "No Laura, I can't just-" JJ gets interrupted by Laura's phone ringing.

Rather grateful for the interruption, Laura answered the phone. "DiNozzo."

"Get over here, we have a case, and bring your brother with you." Gibbs tells her before hanging up.

Laura tuns around to look at her brother, and the two BAU Agents, ignoring the curious glances, she points to Tony to follow her. Getting up she bites her lip, looking down at JJ.

"I'm sorry again, and I am also sorry that I have to leave." Laura tells JJ as she takes out cash to pay for her food, putting it on the table.

Waving her off JJ smiles sadly. "It's  alright, work, I understand."

Brushing her shoulder with her hand, Laura walks out of the diner, Tony behind her. Outside he puts a hand on her shoulder, making her stop and turn around. "Hey, you okay?"

Nodding, Laura pushes her feelings aside. "Yeah, I'm fine. Uhm Gibbs, called us to get back, we have a case."

Looking at her unsure, Tony slowly nods, before walking back to his car, throwing another look at his sister.

Throwing one last glance at the Diner, watching JJ talk to her teammates, she walks to her own car. Inside she hits the steering wheel with her palm. "Fuck!"

Looking at the diner once again she sees JJ now looking at her car. Closing her eyes, she blinks tears that threat to spill, away, before driving back to the NCIS quaters.

•○•○•