seven

a/n: y'all been pressing me for this update, sheesh.

omniscient

"thanks again for letting me stay with you over the break."

"no problem, you like the bed?"

"yeah, very comfortable." billie laughed.

"i guess i should tell you my actual name considering that we're gonna be living in the same house for six days."

"i think i may already know," billie mumbled.

"i saw it on one of your certificates hanging on your wall, nice name jade."

"thanks." the older woman smiled. "i have one question though." billie asked her.

"sure, what is it?"

"how much trouble could you get in if someone found out about me staying here with you?"

"uh, well i could lose my license." jade chuckled.

"yeah, i'll make sure to keep this under wraps then, thank you for not going to the counselor by the way."

"it's no problem, just trying to help someone out, but we did have an agreement."

"no, can we just put a pause on the whole therapy thing?"

"and by pause, you mean never?" jade asked her.

billie pursed her lips and dropped her head towards the ground.

"fine, i'll go, just to get it over with, i guess." billie sighed.

"that's good to hear, 'cause we're going first thing in the morning."

"and i'm going to hate it, i already know it."

"no you won't, therapy isn't that bad. but if you do end up hating it, we'll find another way yeah?"

"sure, that'll work, thanks again, really."

"you don't have to keep thanking me, you know?"

"right, well i'm gonna go to bed now."

"okay, but you have to be up by ten, is that fine?"

"twelve and we got a deal."

"billie, ten is fine." the redhead peered at her.

"fine, i'll try to be up by ten. but what are you doing now?" billie asked as she saw jade sitting down in front of papers.

"grading, who would've known being a teacher was this time consuming."

"why'd you become a teacher anyway?" billie sat down right across from her.

"i really don't know if i'm being honest, i guess i've always like learning things and then teaching it to others. i mean if i can help a few kids be less dumb by the end of the year, then that's fine with me."

billie laughed a little, running her fingers through her hair and propping her head up on the coffee table, "did you read mine yet, i didn't write about jumping off a roof this time."

"yeah, i actually did. have i told you that you're a pretty good writer?"

"nope, mainly 'cause it isn't true." billie grinned.

"don't talk bad about yourself, i was just saying it because now that i look at this, these could be song lyrics."

"oh they aren't meant to be song lyrics." billie shook her head.

"i know they aren't, but... have you ever considered making music?"

billie threw her head back and let out a groan, "not you too."

"oh, so i'm not the only one, huh?"

"no! and i hate it! music is not my forte."

"what do you want to be then?"

"uh, a vet? i really like working with animals, so a vet would be fine."

"oh, well good luck with that, i don't do good with animals besides my own."

-

"so billie, why do you hurt yourself?"

"wait what?" billie turned her head to the doctor, not hearing the question the first time.

"i asked why you hurt yourself?" she replied. billie looked down in her lap and shrugged the question off.

"you don't know or you don't want to answer the question?"

"it passes time. That's the only reason I have." billie looked up.

"would you consider it as a distraction, maybe?"

"a distraction from what?"

"emotional pain, possibly?"

"i thought she already told you that there's literally nothing going on in my life for me to feel like this." billie referred to jade.

"she did, but you don't think that your feelings of sadness are justified because there's nothing there. Have you been through anything traumatic when you were younger?"

"no." billie shook her head quickly. "are you sure?"

"yep." billie nodded.

"you don't sound too sure, if something did happen, it's okay to let me, it is one hundred percent confidential."

"there's nothing." billie shrugged. "you don't seem like you're telling the ent-"

"i don't want to do this anymore." billie stood up.

"wai-"

"no, let me out. I don't want to do this, I already told her that this was gonna be a shit show and it is."

"hey, hey. i'm right here, what's going on?" jade appeared at the door.

"i don't want to do this anymore, i don't want to talk." billie walked out of the office.

"yeah, she's not ready yet." the therapist shook her head.

"okay, we'll come another time, that's fine."

"no, we're not coming back-" billie stopped speaking and jade grabbed her hand and squeezed it as a warning for her to shut it.

"like i said, we'll come back another day." jade smiled.

the two walked away and once they were out of thr building, jade let go of billie's hand and let out an exasperated sigh.

"and what was that?" she asked the blue haired girl.

"i told you i didn't want to do it, you should've known i was gonna react like that."

jade sighed again and ran her fingers through her hair, "maybe it isn't for you then, we'll figure out another way, come on, let's get in the car."

billie froze at the word car, "no, i'll just take the bus."

"billie, you took the bus on the way here, don't even know why i let you-"

"seriously, it's fine. the bus is fine for me."

"well why don't you want to get in the car, is it m-"

"no! no, it's not you or your car, i just prefer if i took the bus instead."

"okay? but you're gonna need to explain your problems with cars though when we get back."