nineteen

omniscient

"here you go." jade said softly as billie turned around and accepted the cup. "thank you." she graciously grinned at her.

jade sat down and watched as billie was scribbling away in some old blue composition book. "what are you writing?"

billie looked up from the book and shrugged nonchalantly. "just a small little poem i thought of. um, do you wanna read it?" she smiled.

jade smiled back at her and nodded at her, making billie quickly place the open book in her hands.

"what's it about?"

"a lot, but this sums it up a little bit more for me."

Our time is up

Your eyes are shut

There's no more stars to find

And I'm too far behind

I'd love to let you go

But I loved you more and more than you could know

You will never know

You're all that's on my mind

I called a thousand times

And I have to let you

But I love you more and more than you could know

You will never know

You will never know...

billie watched jade's face intently, seeing if she could tell what she was thinking by her look. unfortunately for her, the stone cold look on jade's face was not helpful at all.

"so what do you think?" billie pulled her bottom lip in between her teeth and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. jade placed the book down and locked eyes with billie, a light grin on her face.

"is-- is it good?"

jade pursed her lips and folded her hands together, "billie, it's beautiful," she finally spoke.

billie smiled widely and looked back down at the open book. "you know, i know you hate hearing this but i really do think you should try doing something writing or music."

billie rolled her eyes playfully and chuckled to herself. "jade, i don't think i'm that kind of a good writer." she looked down at fingers and fiddled with them.

"i don't think that's true, though," jade reached out and grabbed ahold of billie's fidgety hands. "i thought you liked music, hm?"

"of course i like music, i love music. i just don't think i'm good enough to make my own."

"princess, what i just read shows me you're more than exceptional. people need to hear this."

"but what if-- i'm not ready, what if i don't want people to hear this? what if i just want to hide this?"

"why would you want to hide something that makes you happy, billie?"

billie backed away from jade, "and how would you know what makes me happy?"

"because since you came here, i haven't seen you smiled once until you picked up that pencil. you looked like you had a lot on your mind and you writing it seems like it took a weight off your shoulders,"

billie nodded at jade's words; she was partially right. she absolutely loved writing, it was practically the only thing that was keeping her here right now. without writing, she'd genuinely be lost and her writing is almost her reassuring that she would still have time here because writing was something that could never be taken away from her.

did she think about turning her writing into something more, sure. but those were always just fantasies and she couldn't deny that she was slightly frightened by jade's eagerness and determination.

or maybe billie just never had anyone believe that she would be successful at something; at anything.

"alright, i want don't you think i'm forcing anything on you, i just want you to think about it." jade leaned in and placed a kiss on billie's lips.

billie reached up to cup jade's face as she deepened the kiss herself. billie couldn't help but frown when jade pulled away from her.

"let's say i did want to do something of that sort, how would i start?" billie mumbled.

"good question, well you know the school has a music program you could enroll into, the deadline's in two weeks."

billie nodded and sunk back into her seat, "okay, ill think about it."

billie also stood up and made her way towards jade, slowly straddling her. "woah," jade chuckled at the sudden broadness of billie's action.

jade allowed billie to straddle her slowly, biting her lip and throwing her arms around jade's neck. jade returned the gesture by placing her hands on billie's hips and successfully pulling her closer.

billie smirked at her and reached down to place a soft kiss on jade's lips and then placing a kiss on the side of her jaw.

jade closed her eyes blissfully, but frowning when she couldn't feel billie's warmth anymore.

her eyes snapped open and her jaw fell slack when she saw billie got off her lap and back to her original seat in her chair, a smirk evident on her face, knowing what she had done.

"you fucking tease." jade laughed lightly. "no, i have to write." billie looked up at her. jade nodded, still shocked, and grabbed her cup of coffee and placed a kiss on the top of billie's head and leaving her be.

she feels better.

a/n: sorry for being late, but i promise to be more active, promise!