eight

omniscient

"hey, are you okay? you've been in there a while now." jade knocked on her bathroom door which had been occupied by billie by the past hour and a half.

"yeah," she heard a small sniffle. "i'll be out in a sec, sorry."

"no, you're good, but you kind of sound upset."

"nope, just a runny nose, that's all." billie replied, she opened the door quickly and jade quickly noticed that billie's hands were behind her back for some reason.

"are you hiding something?" jade eyed her suspiciously.

"no, just a rubber band." billie showed her with a small grin on her face.

"yeah, great. are we going to talk now?"

"about..?" billie ran her fingers through her hair.

"why you didn't want to get in the car? you said you'd give an explanation once we got back."

"yeah, that. i already told you, i just don't like cars, that's always been me."

"you seemed kind of terrified to get in the car, did something happen to you, possibly involving a car."

"nothing serious that i can think of? i just don't like cars, can't we just leave it at that?"

"sure, if that's what you want-" jade shrugged before she heard billie's phone ring.

"sorry, it's zoe and drew with vixen, probably calling for my birthday."

"for your what now?"

"oh, my birthday was a few days ago," billie chuckled awkwardly.

"guess that's something i forgot to mention, i think. they said they had something planned for me."

"dude, now i feel like a jerk. i could've got you a gift or something." jade looked at her.

"no, no, don't get me anything. i even told them not to get me anything, i'm okay with just celebrating it alone. plus, it passed anyway."

"are you sure? i could find a cake, it's your eighteenth birthday, shouldn't you celebrate it?"

"nah, i don't really want to. what's so special about turning eighteen anyway?"

"well it means you're an adult now, you can do mostly whatever you can think of."

"oh, does that mean i can drink, you have vodka, don't you?"

"um, i have it, yes and no, you can't drink it." jade denied her one true wish of the day.

"not if you catch me." billie smirked. "don't make me start locking stuff away." jade laughed lightly.

"worth the try, anyway i'm gonna deal with these three and i'll be right back out." billie grabbed her still ringing phone and rushed into the room.

she didn't leave that room for the next few hours, jade didn't think to check on her, probably guessing she wanted to be alone.

she knew eventually she would have to and when that time came, she knocked on the door, opening it when she got no response.

she saw that billie was asleep; an odd time to be asleep, but jade ignored that fact and proceeded to lift up the covers and throw them over billie.

billie's eyes opened at the contact of the blanket, prompting her to turn around softly and call out for the older girl.

"yeah, what is it?" jade sat down at the end of the bed.

"can you stay with me?" billie spoke quietly. "billie-"

"i know we set some rules and boundaries, i know you're still my teacher, but can you stay at least until i fall asleep again?"

jade wanted to refuse but couldn't when she locked eyes with the younger girl. "sure, i will."

jade changed her positions and was now lying besides billie, who laid her head back down on the pillow and looked up at jade's features for a second before looking away quickly.

"thanks."

"no problem, love."

after a while of silence, billie spoke, "nice bling." she noticed the shining diamond on jade's finger.

"thank you." jade smiled, running her thumb over the diamond momentarily.

"so that means you're married?" billie asked.

"oh, no, no. engaged to be married, but not anymore unfortunately."

"so why do you still wear it if you don't mind me asking?"

"well, the engagement didn't exactly end in the break up kind of way?"

"oh," billie nodded softly. "oh!" it finally hit her or at least she thought. "josie was your fiance?"

"no way," jade laughed. "not my fiance. she was my sister, billie." she clarified. "oh, sorry," billie giggled.

"what happened?"

"i guess i can just leave it at the fact that josie isn't the only person i lost to an unfortunate death."

"i'm sorry for asking if that's a hard thing to talk about." billie whispered.

"no, it's okay. we all have to talk about things we don't want to, one day, right?" jade turned to face the younger girl.

"i guess i should tell why i was afraid to get in the car then, even though i am not at all ready to."

"billie, if you're really not ready to talk about it, then don't, it's fine."

billie nodded and reached up to touch jade's hair which was currently falling over her face.

"i've been meaning to ask you about this hair of yours."

"mm, really? what do you want to know about it?"

"is it real? or did you dye it?"

"oh this? it's real all right, never seen a redhead before?"

"i mean my brother's a ginger, so not so far from the line, but a natural redhead, not that."

"well i am honored to be your first encounter with a redhead."

"first natural redhead, actually." billie chuckled.

"yeah, that." jade sighed happily.

billie smiled again and put a strand of her hair behind her ear and locked eyes with jade again.

"what's going on in that little mind of yours?" she was asked.

"a gazillion things." billie replied to her.

"name one."

like how much i want to kiss you.

of course, billie didn't say that out loud but it was a ringing thought in her head that she wanted to ignore, knowing that it was wrong, but she knew it wouldn't be so long that she would act out on this piercing thought.

"are you gonna fall asleep soon?"

"no idea." billie shrugged. "i'll wait here then until you do."

"even if it takes another hour?"

"even if it means i fall asleep here. i'll be here, just waiting."

billie couldn't wait anymore, she had fought the urge for so long that she couldn't anymore. billie launched forward and placed her lips on jade's.

jade's eyes opened wide at the touch, her eyes eventually closed as she kissed billie back for a swift moment before pulling away.

"uh i-," jade pressed her fingers against her own lips. "i- i need to go."

a/n: hehe, the things i have planned for this couple, y'all might just say im evil.