fifteen

don't know if anyone still reads this.

omniscient

"—they tried to make me go to rehab, but i said no, no, no,"

jade let her head rock to the beautiful sullen voice that flowed through her speakers. taking another sip from the nearly empty bottle of hennessy.

giggling to herself softly whilst she waltz her long hallways, jade stopped when her eyes landed on one of her boring photos.

she lifted her hand up and purposely knocked the photograph off of the wall, continuing her long stroll down the hallway.

"—he's tried to make me go to rehab, but i won't go, go, go."

she couldn't sleep, that's how it started. so she lazily got out of bed, and grabbed a bottle of hennessy that looked lonely.

she doesn't necessarily remember how her beloved amy winehouse came on, but she didn't mind one single bit.

so like her old days, she drank, and drank, and drank.

loud laughter left her lips, she stumbled with her feet, and opened and closed her fridge because she would forget what she wanted there in the first place.

she had always wanted to dance with someone while blasting miss winehouse, her way of homage.

it had been exactly been a week since she first received the news of what actually happened to her late fiancée, chelsea, and she was absolutely horrible.

well, of course, she wouldn't admit that, she was okay with drinking it all away for a week or more so and showing up to work just fine.

her drunken daze was interrupted by a faint knock on the door. she placed the bottle as best she could onto her coffee table as she frowned confusingly.

tripping over her feet while making it to the door, jade fell flat onto her chest; groaning loudly and the loud knock grew persistent.

"jade? is that you in there? did you just— let me in."

a lazy grin grew on her face, even though it was smushed onto the cold tile, her pretty little chelsea.

"i think it's unlocked." it came out of her lips slurred. she could hear the doorknob being rattled for a moment and then it stopped. "it's not."

"then there's a key under my doormat."

"that's a dumb place to hide a key, y'know."

jade listened as she heard a bit of shuffling and her lock clicking before the door opened. a small gasp left chelsea's lips when she saw jade's current situation.

"jade, baby, what have you done?"

a groan left her lips, "i don't know, i was drinking and i fell, but now i don't feel like getting up."

"well you have to—"

"i don't wanna."

chelsea groaned to herself, reaching down and pushing some on jade's hair out of her face. "come, i'll help you up, alright?"

jade let chelsea's arms fall under her while she carefully placed her on the couch. "thank goodness you're not heavy."

jade winced as she sat up again and tried to go for the bottle she placed on the coffee table but chels got to it before her. "no, that's enough for you tonight."

"i didn't even finish it yet." jade whined. "it's not meant to be finished in one go."

"says who?"

chelsea rolled her eyes and took the bottle, placing it on the dining table instead. "alright, let's get you some food. you want take out?"

jade nodded lazily, watching as chels got her a water bottle and passed it to jade. "just drink some of that while i order something for you."

"no," jade tossed the water bottle and stood up. "let's dance, come on, it's amy, you love amy."

chelsea raised a brow as she glanced at jade unsurely, "i only know like one song by amy." she mumbled.

"yes you do, you have the vinyl. come chels, let's dance," jade laughed, allowing herself to fall onto her fiancée.

"you know? we can play me and mr jones at our wedding, we haven't finished our playlist yet, have we."

"jade, baby, what are you talking about?"

"our wedding chelsea—"

"oh my G—" chelsea moved away from quickly. "it's me, billie."

jade blinked a few times rubbing her eyes and reopening them. "oh fuck."

billie sighed as she sat in a beanbag doing her homework while jade slept quietly in her bed. she occasionally looked up to see if jade had woken up but she was out.

after jade was knocked into her senses, billie laid her down, got her cleaned and some food in her before getting her into bed.

she for sure was surprised when she found jade face down on the floor, drunk out of her head.

she also couldn't lie about it hurting when jade thought she was chelsea.

she knew it wasn't her fault and she knew she had no right to be upset. she's grieving someone she loved all over again and hennessy hits hard.

but still it hurt, but maybe this is the minor punishment she had to deal with for getting into a relationship with her teacher in the first place.

this whole thing was hurting billie. she was never really a liar, but over the past few months, she's become one, a really good one actually.

she had to, though. only lord knows how much trouble both women would get into, whether with family or the law, if anyone found out.

jade made billie happy though, well at least when she was sober, she did.

because of her, billie felt happier than ever.

happier than she had been in a long time, so if that meant lying to her parents and friends about who she was seeing and where she was going, in order to keep jade in her life, so be it.

no one understood, only jade did, jade was the only one who could see something was wrong, only one there for more.

but now jade needed her and here billie would be.

billie placed her laptop to the side before walking over to the bed and sitting by the redhead's feet.

almost like on cue, the redhead began to stir in her sleep, but settled down again. a knock on the front door startled billie and at first she hesitated, but she got out of bed and walked towards the door.

without even opening the door, she could hear a woman's voice. she opened it and in came a middle aged women storming through.

"oh, finally! it is freezing out there!" the woman squealed when she came on. "um, who are—"

"where's my baby?" the woman cut her off, causing billie to discreetly send her a dirty look before she took a second to take a look at her.

the woman quickly made her way into jade's room with billie trailing behind her quickly.

"it's best if you leave her to s—"

jade was startled awake when the woman's loud voice woke her up. jade groaned loudly, most definitely from her hangover.

the woman sighed dramatically and hopped onto the bed and wrapped her arms around jade when she sat down.

"ugh, mom, my head hurts."

of course, the hair should've been a dead giveaway. "oh baby, i flew as soon as i heard about chelsea, you must feel so horrible. wait, who's this?"

the woman turned her head to billie, jade glanced at billie also and glanced back at her mother also, "just a friend, ma."

a/n: redheads have my hearts and jodie comer :)