04

"anna, i'm home! i'm just going to get changed and then i'm headed to the gilmores for a get together thing." teagan shouted through her house to her foster mother, unsure if she was even there.

she waited for a response, but none came. "right, thanks for letting me know you weren't going to be here. i'll just take care of myself for dinner then. again." the girl mumbled under her breath as she rummaged through her wardrobe.

"hey! there you are." her foster dad greeted her from the other side of the wardrobe door.

"jesus!" teagan yelped. "don't creep up on me like that, cal." she breathed out, her hands guarding her beating heart.

"sorry about that. listen, i've got clients coming in soon. i kind of need you out the house until it's sorted." the man told her, avoiding her gaze, knowing this is the fourth time he's asked her to leave this week. and probably the 400th time since they had fostered her.

'disappointed, not surprised.' she thought. "yep, i've got a thing anyways." she kept her answer short, wanting the conversation to end so she could get ready and leave.

teagan never liked to spend more time than she needed with the two people that made her feel like an unwanted burden.

"okay good. i need you out soon though." cal replied, quickly leaving the room to prepare for his clients.

"mhm. i know." she mumbled in reply before picking her outfit and quickly getting changed.

after tying her shoes and checking her appearance in the mirror once again, dressed in dark blue jeans, a black long sleeve top and a black leather jacket, she headed for the door. "bye cal, call me when i can come home." she shouted through to the man.

he replied by holding his fingers to his lips as he was on the phone and apparently needed silence, the frown on his face sent a clear message to the teen.

"get out before you get in trouble." she mumbled while grabbing her bag and leaving the house.

~

teagan knocked at the gilmore girls residence, patiently waiting for a horrible evening spent with the private school princess and the danes boy, the two people in town that she could hardly stand.

the door swung open to reveal the latter.

"ugh, you" teagan groaned as she stepped past him and into the house.

"the feeling is mutual, Tea." jess replied walking behind her.

"hey sweetie!" sookie greeted the girl, squishing her face between her hands. "oh, you've grown so much!" she gushed.

"sookie, you saw me last week." teagan said pushing her face out of the small womans grasp.

"yeah, but still. come here!" she pulled teagan into a warm embrace. the teen couldn't deny she was glad for the love.

"hey jackson." she greeted the man who was busy with something else, he quickly snapped his head up and sent her a sweet smile before looking away again.

she smiled back and walked over to her boss.

"i'm sure lorelai has explained my end of the deal to be here." she flashed luke a sweet smile.

"yeah, yeah. you have no shift tomorrow. only if you stay for the whole evening though." the man sighed.

"hey! how come she gets something out of being here and i had no say in it." jess jumped in, clearly not happy that he hadn't struck a deal with his uncle.

"because i'm the favourite, Danes." teagan stuck her tongue out at him, satisfied with herself.

before he could reply, teagan walked away from him and into the living room.

"oh. um, hi." she greeted the younger gilmore girl who was setting some food up on the table, flashing her a quick, insincere smile.

"hi." she replied, her voice timid.

the two stood in silence for a few minutes before sookie and jackson walked in, carrying some of the food the former had cooked with them.

"well this is awkward. i'm gonna see if i can help in the kitchen." teagan blurted out before scurrying away from the situation.

she walked into the kitchen to be faced with lorelai and her boss fighting.

"wow! cat fight. what's happened in here then?" she laughed, hoping to lighten the mood.

"you think it's easy dealing with him while you pile onto it by getting on his nerves? it's not. sometimes you gotta give him a break." luke turned to his waitress, obviously put in a bad mood from whatever lorelai had said.

"hey, i was only having a bit of fun! just cause he's your nephew, doesn't mean we have to get along." she retorted at the man.

"how 'bout you keep out if it!" he bellowed back.

teagan decided it was best to leave the situation before it escalated further. she never liked fighting with him and knew saying anything further would add unneeded fuel to fire.

"okay okay, fine i'll leave then." she sent a small smile to lorelai, reassuring her that she was okay.

she heard lorelai begin to defend her honor as she headed out the door.

a small smile crept onto her face knowing the woman had her back, although she didn't like the younger gilmore girl, she always felt safe and happy around lorelai.

for some reason the two people that were fighting in the kitchen were the two that were most protective over the girl that had arrived in town three years prior.

only after she had left had she realised she couldn't go home since her foster dad hadn't called her yet, so she headed for the diner.

probably a risky move since she was headed for her boss' home right after an argument but she had an idea.

teagan knocked on the door multiple times before she got an answer from the boy she was looking for.

"what do you want? here to lecture me on luke's behalf?" jess complained.

"do you ever stop whining?" teagan laughed. "no, actually he just shouted at me too." she admitted.

"you probably deserved it." jess replied.

"oh really?"

"yeah, you just have that sort of face."

"funny guy."

he smirked back at her. "so really, what do you want?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"i wanna have some fun, Danes." teagan smirked at jess. "you up for it?" she teased.

"oh absolutely, Tea." he replied, grabbing his jacket.

————————————-

authors note
yes i will explain why rory and teagan don't like each other, just wait.
enjoy & tell me what you think! :)