21

teagan had knocked on the gilmore residence multiple times before she had gotten an answer.

she was returning a jacket she had borrowed weeks before her and lorelai fell out and was trying to return it now, without seeing the woman.

"oh." the brunette frowned when lorelai opened the door, she had decided that seeing rory would definitely be less awkward than talking to her mother.

"i just came to drop this off." she handed the silent woman the jacket she has brought with her.

"oh." lorelai chuckled. "i forgot about this, it does go really well with your sweater! oh! and that dress that you-" lorelai cut herself off.

"you want something to drink?" she pointed inside the house. "i can drop you back off home instead of you walking after."

"uh-" teagan looked back towards the path, it was starting to get dark and honestly she couldn't be bothered to walk home. "okay, sure."

~

the two brunettes walked through to the house and to the kitchen in silence.

"so-uh" lorelai opened the fridge and grabbed two coke cans and kicked the door shut. "how are things?"

"good." the younger of the two nodded, refusing to look the woman opposite her in the eye.

"it's like talking to jess." lorelai laughed. "or a wall. so pretty much the same thing."

teagan remained silent.

"sorry." the gilmore woman sent her a tight lipped smile. "touchy subject."

"listen, lorelai." teagan sat down at the table across from lorelai, deciding to rip the bandage off as fast as possible. "i know what i said was wrong and for that, i apologise."

lorelai opened her mouth, ready to say something but the brunette in front of her stopped her. "however, i still stand by my point. it's unfair for you to judge jess when you don't know him."

lorelai took a deep breath in. "that's fair. and i'm sorry too. i still don't like him though." she slightly pouted. "i don't like fighting with you. it makes me feel icky."

"descriptive words are not your forte." the teen smiled.

"i missed you." lorelai walked round and tightly squeezed teagan. "i missed my jacket."

"i'm glad you have your priorities." teagan wiggled out of her grip, a smile stuck to her face. "what's been going on since you lost me."

"i did not lose you."

"i seriously beg to differ."

~

teagan strolled down to luke's, she was early to her shift and decided to take her time walking over in the morning sun.

it had been a few days since teagan and her mother figure had reconciled their differences and the teen was more willing to go to work, although she still had jess to deal with on a daily basis.

teagan had now decided her time was best spent at work winding the mariano boy up as a way to pass the time and use up her energy.

so far it was working.