13

after an hour of teagan ripping through lorelai's closet, which was two hours after she had ripped through her own, teagan was finally dressed.

she picked a black long-sleeved top under a short dress. she had also remembered to wear tights, a slightly oversized leather jacket and a hat to protect her from the cold.

teagan sighed in relief, glad she had finally chosen an outfit.

she raked her hands through her hair and turned back around to an absolute disaster.

lorelai's clothes were thrown around the room, piled on the bed, the floor, the lamp and somehow, a few landed outside in the tree.

"ugh!" teagan groaned out, not looking forward to the next ten minutes of tidying.

but she did it anyway, for lorelai.

she headed downstairs, soon after tidying, lorelai nagging through the speaker as she balanced her phone between her shoulder and ear, and walking towards the knocking coming from the door.

"lorelai, i gotta go. there's someone at your house." she told the woman.

"yeah, that's your ride." lorelai said, her cheery voice booming through the phone.

"what?" teagan froze, she had no idea who was on the other side of the door.

"oh! there is one more teeny, tiny thing. actually, your running late so maybe i should tell you late-" she was cut off.

"lorelai, spit it out." teagan told her as she zipped up her heeled boots.

"you're bunking with jess, surprise!" the phone clicked off and the brunette was left her jaw slacked and completely irritated.

"come on, teagan! luke said he wasn't waiting." a muffled voice shouted through the door.

"oh for-" teagan pulled the door open and stared at the mariano boy standing in front of her.

"well don't you look pretty." jess smirked, half-joking as he subtly checked her out.

"hey! eyes up here." she told him, feeling slightly insecure.

he wasn't as subtle as he thought then.

"move. come on." she pushed the boy towards the truck as she grabbed her bag and left the gilmore residence.

"you're always so aggressive." jess complained, straightening out his jacket.

"i have a lorelai to kill." she told him, her mind running with the things she was going to lecture the woman on. starting with 'don't get involved.' and ending with 'it wasn't my fault, the wind just blew your shirt into the tree outside your bedroom window.'

"do you have a problem with everything?" he asked her, not really caring.

"yes." she stated. "but this time, so will you." the girl smirked, continuing the walk towards luke's truck.

"oh? and why's that, Tea?"

"well." she started. "you know the whole bunking at the inn thing?"

"yes, it was in the small print."

the brunette inhaled deeply, for suspense. "we're bunking together." teagan deadpanned.

jess stopped in his tracks.

"exactly!" teagan exclaimed, noticing the exact same reaction she felt when she was told.

the boy eyed teagan before silently walking back to the truck, not commenting on how he felt.