14

"i'm sleeping by the wall." teagan called as she ran over to the bed closest to the wall and furthest away from the door.

"why?" jess asked her, watching her quick movements as if the boy was going to object.

"because if someone comes in and tried to kill us they'll go for you first." she explained, like it was obvious.

"i could fight them off."

"no you couldn't."

"why not?"

"if this intruder is 6'3, ripped and armed." teagan smirked. "your 5'7 ass wouldn't stand a chance."

"i'm not 5'7." jess protested.

"sure, buddy."

"i'm 5'9."

"that's like the same thing." teagan laughed.

"you're literally 5'3." he pointed at her. "you have no room to talk."

"i'm not the one falsely claiming i could fight off an intruder." teagan laughed. "i'm just saying you'd be killed first."

"that's a really sweet thought, Tea." jess sent her a sarcastic smile.

"you're so welcome." she replied.

a knock at the door interrupted their conversation and jess went and opened it for whoever was on the other side.

lorelai and luke walked through without saying a word to either of the two teens.

"yeah, please come in." sarcasm ran through teagans words.

the adults eyed the pair as they walked through the room.

"you chose the bed by the wall, again." lorelai commented as she walked past. "did she give you her lecture on why she chose that bed?"

"yep. she even insulted my height." jess told her.

"would you get over it?" teagan scoffed, looking over at the boy.

"i'm hurt, Tea." he put his hand on his heart which teagan rolled her eyes at.

their conversation was cut short when luke spoke up. "we're trusting you two." he pointed between them. "so no- no-"

"funny business." lorelai finished his sentence.

"excuse me?" teagan asked, in complete shock as to the accusation the two had thrown at them.

"i think they mean we ca-" jess started to explain, slightly laughing at the situation.

"she knows what we mean!" luke rushed, not wanting jess to finish his sentence.

teagan and jess looked at each other before laughing. "i really don't think you have to worry about that." the girl told them.

"especially with us." jess finished, pointing between himself and teagan.

luke and lorelai shared a look in response to what they had said.

the entire town could see there was something between them and yet those two were the most clueless.

they didn't comment on the obvious tension the two seemed to have, leaving it to them to figure out their feelings for themselves.

besides lorelai liked to see the girl she saw as a daughter happy but she'd prefer it to be with anyone else, so her meddling went as far as rekindling a friendship, not encouraging their relationship.

"where's rory, though?" teagan furrowed her brown, pretending that the cared where she was.

"hmm." jess mirrored the expression teagan held. "and dean?" he suggested.

"don't turn this on her." lorelai stopped any trouble they were trying to cause. "i trust her."

"you don't trust me?" teagan asked, fake hurt in her tone.

"of course i trust you." lorelai told her, feeling slightly guilty. "i don't trust him."

jess opened his mouth to protest what was just said but lorelai spoke before he could. "go to sleep. now."

the two adults left the room, bickering as luke still didn't trust them. "it's 10pm." teagan called to the woman who had just instructed her to sleep.

"exactly!" she called back and shut the door.

teagan turned to the boy next to her. "she doesn't trust you." she chuckled. "she thinks you're a bad influence."

"shut up."

~

after a few hours of restless sleep, teagan turned back onto her side and sighed.

"would you stop moving?" jess mumbled in a tired voice.

"i'm not comfy." teagan huffed, patting her pillow again.

"maybe if you stopped moving, you'd get comfy." the boy next to her groaned out.

"i tried that."

"try again. i'm trying to sleep."

"what do you think i'm doing?" teagan asked, sitting up on her bed, her head in the direction of jess although she couldn't quite see him in the dark.

"making my life harder."

teagan chuckled. "you sound like luke."

"shut up." jess lifted his head, offended by the comment that was made.

his voice was slightly scruffy from sleeping and teagan found it attractive.

she cleared her throat and collected her thoughts. "it's true, he says that all the time!"

a pillow was thrown in her direction which she easily dodged.

"you missed." she laughed.

a groan left jess' lips as he stood up and walked round to teagans bed.

the small light that shone through the curtains highlighted jess' lean muscles and a million thoughts ran through teagans brain.

if lorelai could hear her thoughts she would most definitely shout 'dirty' at her.

jess stood over the girl and placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed teagan back to her lying position on her bed.

he hovered over her body and held eye contact with the slightly flustered girl beneath him.

"goodnight, Tea." he told her, and removed his hands from her shoulders and walked back over to his bed.

the girl stayed quiet for a few moments, reeling over what had happened.

"i still can't sleep, Danes."

_________________________

authors note
i wrote this in school so it's kinda short
my mods teacher can't get mad thought i did the work i was meant to do.
anyways i'll update this later with a longer chapter.
enjoy! :)