11

with her spirits heightened from her chat with her old school friend and the fact she didn't have a shift that day, teagan was surprisingly willing to come along with lorelai to watch rory's, well paris', rendition 'romeo and juliet'.

although, it wasn't quite what she expected as paris had emerged dressed as romeo.

"i thought that was meant to be tristan." teagan whispered over to lorelai.

"so did i. maybe they're making a statement?" the woman suggested.

"hm could be. i'm gonna go get a drink." teagan told her mother figure and snuck through the crowd in miss patty's.

she was at the water fountain when she saw a familiar head of blonde hair, walking in her direction.

"hey." she called to him, a smile on her face.

"hi." he said, quite bluntly.

her brows pinched together, confused at his response, he was usually quite talkative. "i thought you were meant to be romeo, mr big shot. what happened?"

"my dads pulling me out of school, effective in about 6 minutes. why? is paris just not as good as me?" the blonde asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"well, not as handsome but her acting is on point." teagan joked. "why are you getting pulled out?"

he sighed. "long story ending in military school."

"oh, so you're like leaving leaving." she frowned.

"yeah, i am." he sent her a tight lipped smile. "walk with me till my dad borderline kidnaps me?" he nodded towards the exit of the studio.

teagan nodded and joined tristan out the door.

"i'll miss you, teagan."

she let out a short laugh. "yeah, i'll miss you too."

"we had our fun."

"oh, yeah. until you kissed my best friend that one time." teagan joked.

tristan laughed. "hey! you said you let that go!"

"i did, i just like to bring it up every so often. it helps humble you."

"oh, i need humbled, do i?"

"eh, just sometimes."

they fell silent for a few moments as they approached the diner.

"listen, i'm sure it won't be that bad. you could get ripped." teagan suggested with a smile.

"come on, teagan! you know i'm already ripped!" tristan told her.

"mhm, i'm sure you are." she playfully rolled her eyes.

a car pulled up near the studio and tristan huffed out a loud sigh. "and that is my ride."

"well, maybe we'll see each other later in life."

"i hope so, teagan." tristan pulled the girl into a tight hug, her head was against his chest and she could his heart beating quickly, obviously anxious for the drive ahead.

having to say good bye to everything you know is hard, teagan was all to familiar with this.

knowing that this is the last time you're going to be seeing everything you're comfortable with and the people you love is heartbreaking and so the brunette knew to be gentle with the situation.

they pulled away but tristan continued to hold her. "bye, teagan." he said, almost in a whisper as he looked into her eyes.

"bye, tristan." teagan held his gaze and sent him a quick smile.