10

teagan entered Doose's before she headed home, her attention set on the unknown group of, what she assumed, were private school pupils, due to their annoyingly perfect uniforms, at miss patty's studio.

she watched as rory dragged an angry-looking dean away from someone she couldn't quite see.

the unknown boy turned around, watching as dean was pulled away from him and teagan immediately recognized him.

"oh." she mouthed, making eye contact with an all too familiar boy. "hi, tristan. didn't expect to see you here."

"hey teagan, still friends with mary?" he smirked.

"still calling her mary?" teagan cocked her head to the side, trying to hold back a smile. she knew it wasn't right to laugh at that name, but it was slightly funny.

"avoiding my question."

"no, we're not friends." teagan admitted to the boy in front of her.

"oh. sorry."

she looked up to meet tristans gaze. he did look quite sympathetic, which surprised the girl.

"it's okay. things happen." she shrugged. "i see you aren't particularly fond of taylor's favorite employee."

tristan chuckled. "i'm only having a bit of fun."

"yeah, well watch yourself. you'll end up getting punched one day." teagan warned with a small smile.

"oh, only if it's from you." he flirted.

"trust me, it will." teagan told him, completely deadpan.

rory walked back in and told tristan that they had to head back to their group at miss patty's, avoiding eye contact with teagan as she knew her ex-friend didn't agree with the 'not-telling-dean-about-the-kiss' situation.

"see you around, teagan." tristan smirked, as he was pulled by his arm to miss patty's by rory.

"bye, tristan."

the feelings she thought she had forgotten for the boy built up as his usual charm and flirting caused butterflies to grow in her stomach.

~

"does someone want to tell me why rory's posse is still following her around town like lost chicks?" teagan joked as she shrugged off her jacket at luke's diner, watching the group that had congregated at miss patty's for the fourth time that week.

it had been a few days since she had first seen tristan at Doose's.

their few interactions and flirtatious small talk reminded the girl of why she liked him.

she still pushed her feelings for him away, since he was a player and kissed her ex-best friend.

but jesus, was he gorgeous.

"the performance is tomorrow, they have to rehearse," lorelai told her.

"does dean have to go to every one, though?" teagan asked.

"he's just paranoid because of, well, tristan."

"mm. well i still don't agree with not telling dean, but i get it."

"why?"

teagan stopped pouring the coffee, looking lorelai straight in the eye. "have you met dean? he goes a little, how do i put it? psycho sometimes."

lorelai looked back through the window towards the dance studio. "yeah, i guess it's a little excessive." she shrugged.

teagan looked up from where she was working wondering why the woman was so quick to defend the boy who was borderline stalking her daughter.