18

"so?" teagan beamed at the boy standing in front of her. "how was lorelai's?"

it had been a few hours since teagan stranded jess and lorelai together and she now had the opportunity to grill the former of the two as they closed up luke's for the night.

"i just explained that luke went american psycho in the apartment and you care more about what happened at lorelais?" the boy asked, in complete disbelief.

teagan simply nodded, still smiling.

"it was fine." he kept his eyes away from the girls gaze.

"come on! i need more than that." teagan groaned as she stacked up the chairs onto the tables.

jess sighed and looked up at the girl. "what do you want me to say? i tried being nice and it was fine."

teagan narrowed her eyes at the boy. "you're being weird."

"i am not being weird."

"what happened?" teagan laughed as the boy got flustered. "did she bring up your unspoken need to be mysterious? god! i should've told her to stay clear of that."

"shut up." jess scoffed.

"shit! i just brought it up now. did i touch a nerve?" teagan smirked, enjoying the sight of the angered boy in front of her.

"drop it, Tea." he rolled his eyes, refusing to look at the amused girl.

"what's wrong with you today?" teagan chuckled.

before jess could say anything else the door chimed as it opened and lorelai stepped in.

"uh oh! am i going to witness a cat fight?" teagan laughed.

jess glared at her. "i don't need to be down here." he dropped the stack of napkins he was holding and walked straight upstairs.

"okay, you have got to tell me what you said to him that made him so angry." teagan turned towards the woman. "i have to use it next time he's pissing me off."

lorelai slightly cringed and harshly inhaled at teagans words. "yeah, i think i said something i shouldn't have."

the teen let out a short laugh. "well, what was it?"

"i- uh- i insinuated that he might have feelings for you." lorelai stammered through the sentence. "he denied it but then he accused me of having feelings for luke." she took a deep breath in. "and then we sort of fell out. i fell out with a 17 year old."

"you what?" teagan was in complete shock as to what the woman in front of her had just told her. "why would you even- what was your thought proce- you what?"

lorelai sent a sympathetic smile to the girl. "i'm sorry. i was half joking when i said it."

"you shouldn't have mentioned anything like that in the first place!" teagan was now pacing around the room. "he can hardly stand me at all, how could you even think that?"

"i just- could you stop pacing cause i can't focus on what i'm saying." lorelai sighed.

teagan stopped and turned back towards her, a pained expression stuck on her face.

"i just said that he seemed very eager to be- you know- friendly with you and no one else." she explained.

"you think i haven't had that conversation with him?" teagan deadpanned. "well, maybe not that exact conversation, but a variation of it."

"he was very defensive." lorelai mumbled. "i may have referred to you as bonnie and clyde."

"jesus christ! our co-inhabitance is purely platonic, lorelai!" teagan physically face palmed. "what did he call you and luke? nick and nora?"