Chapter 10: runner

*Y/n POV*
I made my way outside the medhut, closing the door behind me. I leaned against the wall with a smirk thinking about the comment I'd just made to Minho. I had absolutely no idea where that burst of confidence came from, but he probably won't ever see it again. You know, I think I've finally come to terms with my feelings for him. To be honest, I don't really think I wanna just be friends anymore.

I'm not telling him that of course, I mean Minho's kind or a flirt sometimes, that's just how he is. So when I made the kiss comment he probably didn't think anything of it. And I'm definitely not going to pretend it meant anything, so I guess I'll just keep my feelings to myself for now.

*no one's POV*
Your thoughts were interrupted when you saw Alby walking across the glade from the slammer. An unexplainable amount of rage rose up inside of you at the sight of him from remembering what he did to Minho. You clenched your fists, stomping over to him. You didn't hear it, but the medhut door had opened again, signaling that Minho had just left. By now, you were only a few feet away from Alby, and Minho already knew what was about to happen.

"HEY! ALBY!" You yelled to him. He turned around, about to greet you. But before he could speak, you drew your hand back and slapped him across the face. The gladers that were now surrounding the two of you gasped, shocked that you had done that to the first in command even if he was your brother. Alby's hands shot up to his face to hold his cheek, and an angry expression filled his face.

"WHAT THE SHUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" he yelled.

"WHAT THE SHUCK IS WONG WITH YOU?! You punched Minho in the face! Why?!"

"Because that shank almost got you killed!!!"

At this point, the whole glade was watching you and Alby argue, with Minho standing nearest to the two of you.

"No he didn't, he saved my life! And you repay him by punching him?! Really!?"

"Yeah well he shucking deserved it." Alby said looking Minho dead in the eyes.

"You son of a-" you yelled charging at him, fists flying in every direction. Minho reacted instantly, running over to you. You felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around your waist, and before you knew it, your feet were no longer on the ground.

"Okay that's enough." he said before throwing you over his shoulder and making his way to your room. Your small fists pounded onto his back repeatedly while your legs simultaneously flung around.

"Minho let me go!!!" You screamed.

"Would you calm down?"

"No! Not till you put me down."

"Fine." Minho replied while opening your door. He walked over to your bed and dropped you on it.

"Happy now?"

You just gave him a glare.

"What did I literally just tell you like 20 minutes ago? To not be stupid, and what do you do? The exact opposite."

"He deserved it. He was being a jerk." You mumbled.

"Still, you could get in trouble. What if you get put in the slammer? Then what?"