𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

"My baby is all grown up" your mom pouted, taking a picture of you in front of your door.

You looked down a little. "Mom I've got to get going"

She smiled and patted your shoulder, handing you your lunch box. "Here's lunch. Have fun!"

You nodded and smiled, leaving out the door.

Inarizaki High School was going to be your new school. You had recently moved in during February but it was too close to the end of the school year to start, so your mom agreed to just enroll you to go during high school since everyone was starting fresh.

That brings you to now. Early-mid April, with all the cherry blossom trees blooming freshly everywhere you walked. Of course, you took countless pictures.

Your mom and dad recently divorced. You didn't care though since you didn't like your dad much. This led her to finally follow her dreams and leave Canada to move to Japan. Hyōgo prefecture was the prefecture you had moved to and luckily, your mom guided you through the new lifestyle the moment you had moved.

After a short walk, you looked up at your new school in astonishment. It was huge. Massive. Enormous. Well, not quite enormous, but it was bigger than your last school.

Your smile spread from ear to ear and you held up your phone, holding it in front of your face.

"Welcome to the new school year! Say cheese!"

As soon as you snapped the picture, you heard footsteps walking awfully close behind you.

"First day of school selfie? Basic" a tall, narrowed-eyed boy with dark brown hair scoffed.

"Please, I saw that peace sign" you smirked. "Names Y/n L/n"

"L/n? Isn't your dad that famous Canadian photographer?" The boy asked.

You felt tingles going through your body with slight anger, but kept a fake smile on. "Sure is. He isn't here if you wanted an autograph"

"No thanks. I just recognized that name, that doesn't mean I'm an all-time fan" he remarked. "Well, I'm Rintarō Suna"

"Ah, Suna. Nice to meet you" you held out your hand.

He just looked at it slightly though. 

"You're supposed to shake it.."

"Oh, I know. I didn't really feel like shaking it but if you insist" he slightly smiled, grabbing the smallest part of your hand and shaking it.

That wasn't your guys' last interaction. Very rarely when you took pictures with your friends at school, he would appear in the back holding up his usual peace sign. After every time, he always came over to look at it.

"Huh, I look okay in it" or "Maybe try cropping the photo to only show me and it'll be amazing" we're his usual add-ins after he saw it.

And that was pretty much your guys' relationship in both of your first years at Inarizaki. Very soon though, the time went by and it was the first day of your second-year now.

You were walking with your two friends, Yuki Ayano and Mio Ito.

"First year went by so fast" Mio pouted.

You nodded in agreement. "Hey! First day of second-year picture!"

Yuki and Mio both laughed as they posed.

"You sure like taking pictures. I swear that's what I always see you doing" Yuki teased.

Of course, the one trait you picked up from your dad was photography.

You shrugged. "Always loved it I guess"

As you three checked the picture though, you saw a familiar dark brown haired boy in the background. This time, he had two people next to him who looked almost exactly alike all posing for the picture.

"I see Mr. Suna returned" you crossed your arms, turning around to see his usual self coming to look at the picture.

He half-smiled and looked at the picture. "Hm. Not bad."

You stood shocked at his remark as he walked away with his two friends. He's never said that before. Ever.

"Y/n, hurry! We'll be late!" Yuki said, dragging you.

"Yeah, right. Sorry"

The bell rang and you guys all walked over to your own classes. Sadly, neither of you three had class together.

When you walked into your classroom, you sat down at a seat by the window near the back. You could even see cherry blossom petals falling, swaying with the air. As you were about to take your phone out to take a picture, you heard a someone sit down in the chair beside you.

You smiled, hoping to have a new friend to talk to every day. "Hi! I'm Y/n-"
As you turned though, it was not someone unfamiliar. Actually, it was someone really familiar.

"You?!" Both you and Suna exclaimed at the same time.