𝒗𝒊. ripped dress

ANGELICA CLUTCHED ONTO FIVE as the tall boy pulled her towards his father's dominion

ANGELICA CLUTCHED ONTO FIVE as the tall boy pulled her towards his father's dominion. diego followed suit, standing beside the little girl, taking a quick glance down at her shaking figure. she had planned not to go, because the huge building scared her. but lila was more terrifying. "maybe we should leave her in the car." angelica's eyes fell to diego's, where brown met brown.

five scoffed, looking to his older brother with a scowl, and then down to angelica. "she stays with me." five had become extremely protective over the girl, most likely because she was the one person to believe him without any hesitation.

"what if she gets hurt? she's not a fighter, five." angelica became increasingly annoyed with diego's lack of faith in her. he knew nothing about the girl, and to assume that she couldn't fight only made her want to hit him.

she pulled out her little pink notebook, the gel pen gliding across the page as she scribbled angrily. she pushed the note into his chest, moving to the other side of five so she wouldn't have to be near diego.

"asshole." the note was simple, but effective in angel's eyes. she latched onto five's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze to let him know that she was by his side until the end.

"how long's it been since you've seen the old man?" angelica had yet to learn of five's past, but she had a knack of understanding people. and she understood five a little too well for her liking.

"forty five years." the boy leant against the window, as diego leant down to pick the lock on the double doors. angelica leant her head on five's shoulder, her brown locks falling in front of her face. he pushed them back, tucking them behind her ears with a sigh.

diego sat on the floor, determined to pick the lock, except it wasn't budging at all. five let out a sigh, pulling angelica off of him, and disappearing behind the glass doors in a puff of blue light.

"i hate when you do that." angelica's voice fell into five's mind, projecting her thoughts through his already full brain. he scoffed slightly as he pulled her into the building, tucking her into his side. "i know, dear. suck it up." she wrapped her hand around his, letting him guide her along.

the building was pitch black, the only light coming from reflecting glass. it was at that moment, that angelica wished one of the two supers in the room could be like the human torch from those marvel comics.

"i'll take the left. yell if you, uh...get in trouble." diego's voice faltered slightly, as he left the two teenagers alone in the foyer. angelica had a sick feeling swirling around her stomach, and she couldn't tell if it was because she hadn't eaten, or if something bad was going to happen.

"stay close, angel. don't daydream." while five's tone was harsh against angelica's pierced ears, she knew that he just wanted to keep her safe.