𝒙𝒊𝒙. a dead angel

ANGEL SAT SILENTLY beside her lover, her demeanour far too calm for someone who had just found out that she was dead

ANGEL SAT SILENTLY beside her lover, her demeanour far too calm for someone who had just found out that she was dead. and not only was she dead, she had brought a world of pain to five's door. luther's eyes fluttered between angel's sunken features, and the silhouette of his brother, who did nothing more than glare at himself through long eyelashes. "angel?" the girl shook herself from her thoughts, soft ringlets falling beside her cheeks in that oh so delicate way that five adored.

"are we going to address the elephant in the room?" five's eyes darted towards his eldest brother, silently begging him not to mention the bombshell that five himself had just dropped on them. "the only animal i see in this room is an ape." five's deadpan expression almost pulled a smile from angelica's lips, but the girl remained solemn. "you and angel get married! are we going to skip past that?" five's eyes fell on the girl's shaking hands, gripping them tightly in his own as a small comfort.

"you're sweating, dear." that was the first peep that five had heard from angel since they had met his older self, and he was relieved to hear the quiet girl in his mind. luther had seemed to notice the profuse sweat coming from the boy's forehead, picking up a napkin and wiping his brow down. "i gotta pee." luther stood up, heading in the same direction that the elder five had gone, leaving the two lovers in a timid silence in the irish pub.

"are you ... okay?" despite finding out that at some point in the near future, she was going to die, angel was surprisingly calm. a lot calmer than any other person five knew would be. "i'm not scared of death, five. i never have been." the boy's brows furrowed, there had to be something that was causing the girl's hands to shake and her legs to grow goosebumps. "so what are you scared of, angel?" the girl let out a deep sigh, her eyes falling to meet his own pine green ones.

"leaving you." in that moment, five hargreeves' heart was completely shattered. it ached his soul to know that the thing that hurt his sweet angel the most ... was him. "you don't want to leave me?" this was a new experience for five. each person that the boy had come across had found him irritating, narcissistic and controlling. but not angel. no, never angel.

"would i still be here if i did?" this was true. the small brunette had followed this boy to the ends of the earth on a wild goose chase and hadn't once complained. there was something in the universe, whether that be fate or the gravity, that had brought the two together. and neither one of them planned on losing the other. "me and you till the end of the world." five let the ghost of a smile cross his lips, even though he didn't feel like smiling at all.

before the two could share anymore stolen glances and soft words, the elder five and the eldest sibling came out of the bathroom, briefcase in hand. "we got a deal." angel squeezed five's hand gently, as the four of them stood to leave the irish pub, angelica and five still joined together by their hands.

the four of them walked the streets of dallas, the two elders of the group walking quietly in front, whispering to one another like their life depended on it. angel tugged five away from a group of men ogling the small girl, determined to not let him kill them with his bare hands. "you make my life so difficult." the girl huffed, stomping her feet on the ground at the tall boy. he sighed, throwing a few more glares to the men behind them.

luther fell back to the couple, nestling himself between angelica and five, separating their hands. "he's going to kill me isnt he?" five knew himself all too well, down to the very last nerve in his brain. angel's eyes widened, pushing luther's large body out of the way to stand in front of five. "don't worry dear, i won't let him."

a sigh of relief came from the girl, and she wrapped her arm around his bicep and carried on walking. "okay luther, i know your mind only responds to age and authority, so listen closely."

angel closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, sensing that one of five's mind numbing rants was coming along any second.

"once again you are experiencing daddy issues." this phrase had come about a lot since angel had decided to befriend the hargreeves siblings, and yet she had absolutely no clue what it meant. "and this time, with your own brother. which is honestly making me a bit crazy." five was seriously losing whatever was left of his marbles and it was beginning to grow tiresome to angel.

"i have seniority here. i'm the daddy here!" and in a split second, a small hand had come to slap five across the face. the boy held his cheek, looking down at the short brunette who was responsible for his injury. "will you snap out of it! you're driving me insane!" the short girl stomped her foot, storming off ahead of the two brothers.

"did she just slap me?"
"i think she did."
"why did she slap me?"
"because of your paradox psychosis."
"huh, makes sense."

the two brothers followed after the brunette girl, who's small legs had barely carried her five feet in front of them. the four of them made it to the grassy knoll, and now the fate of the world was once again in the hands of a hargreeves. angel didn't know what to do, she was barely sixteen and had no clue how the world worked. all she had was five to show her the ropes.

"just remind me again, what's the last stage of paradox psychosis?" luther played with his fingers gently, as five geared up like one of those fancy racing cars that angel had seen on tv. "homicidal rage."

the girl sighed and held the bridge of her nose again.

"here we go."