𝒙𝒊. exposé

ANGELICA SAT BESIDE VANYA, HER head rested gently on the older woman's shoulder

ANGELICA SAT BESIDE VANYA, HER head rested gently on the older woman's shoulder. four adults and one young girl sat quietly in the room, as elliot told them a story that was not only painfully boring, but nonsensical to them all. "well, you know, jello used to be a delicacy." angel wasn't old enough to remember it being a delicacy, as she always had it after her meals at rudy's house.

     "you know, to make it, you have to boil down a whole lot of hooves. you know, horses, cows, pigs." the thought made angelica's stomach churn, and she glared at elliot for a moment. he didn't realise what he was doing, but nonetheless angel was getting tired of it.

     "on a scale of one to ten, how close are you to ending all human life?" diego was looking at vanya with an evil glint in his eye, throwing his knife in the air and catching it, his eyes trained on his youngest sister. "diego, put the knife down. she's fine." luther hoped that because of angelica being next to vanya, the woman would stay totally calm.

     "put it down, diego." angelica delicate voice fell into the almost impenetrable mind of diego, as his eyes trailed towards her small figure. he sighed, but tucked the knife into his holster and crossed his arms over his chest. she gave the older man a smile, as vanya slumped even further down in her chair.

     "i don't remember what i did, but i'm . . . i'm sorry. if that means anything." angelica rubbed a comforting hand up and down the woman's arm, holding a glare in her eyes that was directed straight at her favourite hargreeves sibling. she was growing tiresome of diego's pessimism, as she had enough of it with five.

     "there's this . . . girl that i like. i thought she liked me but turns out that she's—" diego was cut off by the soft chuckles of a feminine voice, arriving with five and another man. the group that was sitting upstairs went to the edge of elliot's balcony, their eyes falling onto the rest of the hargreeves siblings.

     angelica's eyes lit up when she saw five, skipping down the steps and wrapping her arms around his midsection with a grin on her lips. "whoa—what's this about, dear?" she pulled out her small notebook, scribbling her feelings in a scrawl and pushing it into his hands.

     "missed you." five's cold heart thawed once more at those perfect words. two words. that was all it took for five to fall deeper for angelica moore. he grinned down at her, their expressions mirroring each other. "i missed you too, sweet girl. this is allison and klaus." the pale boy pulled his little girl towards his siblings, presenting her in front of him.

     "this is angel." five introduced the little girl, who have a small wave to the two elders in the room, as diego shouted down from the top of the balcony. "his girlfriend." five glared up to diego, as angelica's cheeks burned a deep red. though the boy didn't deny it, and that made angel's heart flutter.