Chapter 33

--- 33 ---

ANDY:

“You’re an idiot!” I mumbled against his chest when he pulled me to him again, kissing my hair.

“I love you Andy.” He told me, gripping much tightly around my shoulder. My heart skipped a beat hearing that. How long had I waited for him to say that! I thought I’d burst into cry. I wanted to hug him back so bad but I pulled away.

“So now you do?” my effortless sarcastic tone hit him just as hard as it pained me to say it.

“I do.”

“Are you sure Austin?” I crocked my eye brow, folding my arms at my chest because I felt it would explode and my heart will rip out.

“Yeah.” He whispered, shutting his eyes to hide his regret, his pain. His words faded with his breath that I could feel on my face as we both stood really close. He inhaled a lot of air and then looked down at me, directly in my eyes, pleadingly. “I am sure.”

“You better be! Because I don’t think I’ll be able to survive heartbreaks again.” I bit my lip as my eyes started to tear up.

“I’m so sorry…” he slipped his palm to my cheek, cupping it softly. “I’ve hurt you so much. I’m so, so sorry Andy.” He gritted his teeth, sucking in the cold breeze. One moment I had started to believe Austin and me are over and now he was standing in front of me confessing his guilt. Everything seemed to blend in so well. The dark clouds, just ready to pour down, cold breeze softly passing by, ruffling through Austin’s messy hair, his intense blue eyes boring into mine… the moment was just so perfect, I wanted it to freeze. He brought his face closer, resting his forehead against mine. At the touch of our skin a current pass through me. “I’m so in love with you Andy,” he whispered. “So much in love that I was scared I might hurt you over and over. I changed for you and the baby… but I can’t change my past. My life’s always been a mess but you… You are the best thing that had ever happened to me and I never wanted you to be a part of my mess—”

His words were so beautiful and I wanted him to go on and on forever but I cut him off. “Then maybe you shouldn’t have made me fall in love with you.” I mumbled and he chuckled weakly.

“Do you think you can forgive me for everything I did?” his questioning eyes wandered in mine. Plead danced on his lashes. I bit my lip because I knew if I’ll breakdown if I speak, but I wanted to tell him he was forgiven. Like reading my mind he spoke. “I’m tired of pretending. There’s nothing I want more than you.”

“Oh yeah? Why didn’t you think of this when you wake up from the coma and left with my baby’s sonogram DVD?” my voice quivered.

“Our baby…” he corrected me and I had to fight to keep the smiled appearing on my face. My heart swelled as he said ‘Our Baby’.

“You really thought I didn’t know you were just pretending to not love me? You thought I didn’t know why you took that DVD with you? Who were you fooling huh?”

The intensity of his eyes faded leaving the melting softness. “I don’t know… but I just love you.”

My heart flipped and my blood rushed through my body. I felt I’d explode. There was so much I was feeling I didn’t know how to react. I loved Austin and I hated him too. I wanted to hug him but I was angry at him too. Not knowing why I unfolded my arms and my right hand rushed passed Austin’s face, my palm hitting his left cheek which turned red instantly. “Why didn't you realize it sooner!”