We Were Special Back then

Cheers rang out for Joe when he used his power breaker to pass Langa during their beef. You, Shadow, Miya, and cherry were watching it take place on the monitor.

Cherry began criticizing Joe for his 'Poor moves', "If he entered at 25 degrees, he could have exited .3 seconds faster."

"Can someone please press mute?" Shadow begged.

"It's Cherry's way of checking him out, he just doesn't want to admit it." You giggled.

Cherry grew angry at your comment and raised his fist, "I was not!-" When he turned to see you, you were gone, "(Y/N)?"

"I'm right here!" You said, walking away.

"Why are you leaving? The beef's still-"

You waved to them, "I'll be back! I gotta do something!" Your skateboard hit the ground with a smack and you began riding away. You took the back way between the tracks, like at Reki's beef, to sneak up on the boy again.

"Hey! How about you quit crapping on people you don't know!" Reki screamed, muffled from the dirt wall between you two.

You smiled and climbed over the wall, resting at the top. Somehow you didn't alert anyone nearby and were able to witness the confrontation. Reki defended Langa and his skating, to which the men responded by laughing at him.

"Leave him alone." You spoke. "He doesn't want to make a bet, just let him support who he wants."

The three men cheered at you, "(Y/N)!!"

You sighed and rolled your eyes. Their attitude change did not make you the happiest. You jumped down, having a slightly rocky landing.

"(Y/N)..." Reki gulped and stepped away.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm just here for you and Langa, no need to get so afraid..." You tried calming him down.

Reki's amber eyes avoided yours and stared at the ground. The tension and awkwardness hung in the air like it could be cut with a knife.

The tension was snapped when the three men talked about the beef, saying Langa was closer to Joe now. You and Reki walked up to see their phone and watched. Not before long, their gap got bigger and bigger. His face dropped and his hand went to his heart. People on the sidelines yelled at Langa, wanting him to try harder only because they placed bets on him.

The snowboarder passed you when Reki threw his hood off and ran closer to the track. "Langa!!" He snapped his friend out of his trance.

You quickly ran next to the red-haired boy, cupping your hands around your mouth, "You got this, Langa!"

His eyes widened and he continued skating away and picked up speed. You smiled and released a breath you weren't aware you were holding. Quiet shuffling occurred next to you, and you turned your head to see Reki trying to sneak away.

"Wow, Reki, you're bad at getting around and hiding..." You sighed as he stopped walking.

Your hooded friend didn't turn to you, "What? What wise words do you want to tell me now-"

"Take your time." You interrupted him. His head slowly moved to look at you. "I know you don't feel the best right now, so take as much time as you need to rethink things." You gulped and put your hands in your jacket pockets, "You know, I don't care if you stop skateboarding, or even if you decide to never talk to me again."

Reki didn't like your answer and sighed, walking away again.

"Bu-but!" You spoke quickly, "I'll support you! I-I would because I'm your friend and that's what I'm here for. I'll support you with whatever path you take, but I'll always stop you if you're going down the wrong one...Just tell me if you need help, kay?"