Chapter 60

A/N: Ah, look at that... I'm still here. Joy.

This chapter will be the start of where a lot of stuff will be revealed, hope you all will enjoy it😊

Also, forgive any grammar mistakes♥️

:::::

This was frustrating.

The boys had been in the warehouse for hours now, they'd lost track of what time it could be but they knew that at least an entire day had to have gone by. However, they had not heard anything from John since the last time he spoke to them and revealed Dorian. He had taken her to another room many hours before, but considering that they hadn't heard any screams yet, they figured that Dorian was probably ok. Still, that didn't make them any less worried. He could have gagged her for all they knew.

Ryder had been observing the room looking for any way they could escape, but the room was surrounded by guards, and he was sure there had to be at least 5 more situated outside the room based on the number of voices he heard speaking in hushed tones at regular intervals. He knew there was no hope for them if they didn't stick to the plan. But right now, their plan was failing. Kruz seemed to be really out of it. No matter what the boys had tried to do, Kruz had been completely unresponsive. And even when Dennis had tried to move his chair closer to Kruz, the guards by the door had moved forward threateningly causing him to evidently scoot his chair back into its original position. 

They were all hungry, tired, and wanted to pee really, really badly. But they had gotten used to it somewhat. They weren't new to these conditions as enduring things like these were a part of their training. They grew accustomed to being strapped down and chained in particular positions for days and being left on their own to find a way out. Ryder's father had made sure that they had received the best training to make them well-rounded for almost every scenario they could be thrown into, so they weren't panicking as much as the average person would. They could go a few more days without food or water and maybe a few more hours without needing to pee. Their bodies were trained very well. In their opinion, this wasn't all that bad. At least they weren't placed in a sealed concrete room with a pipe gradually filling the place with water and given a spoon to use as their only means of escape...which, again, was also a part of their training.

Ryder's father did not play around. And now, it could be confidently said that Ryder himself was no different. He worked by any means necessary to keep his gang on top. 

But despite being used to the situation he was in, it didn't mean he wanted to stay like that for too long. They needed to escape, and he needed to get to Kruz and then find Dorian. All of which were seeming pretty impossible at the moment no matter how he tried to play the different scenarios in his head.  He was quickly growing frustrated at himself for not being able to come up with a plan that promised everyone's safety. 

His blood boiled in anger at his limitations, but he knew he couldn't let it take over. As a leader, he had learned to be level-headed in all situations as the mind worked best when it is in its calmest state. Ryder tried his best to maintain his composure, he needed to. For the sake of his team, for the sake of Kruz, for the sake of Dorian. He needed to come up with another plan, one that would ensure that all of them would come out unscathed. And that, unfortunately, was where the problem lied. One way or the other, someone would have to sacrifice themselves for the rest.

And Ryder, well, he was prepared to do just that.

Meanwhile, in the other room...

"Why are you doing this? I just don't understand" Dorian questioned in a whisper as she looked up at the cruel man with teary eyes. 

"Well you're not exactly the brightest crayon in the box Dorian, of course, you wouldn't understand" The man, her father, smiled down condescendingly at her as he tightened the chains around her wrists.