Chapter 16

The room was noisy.

The kids for detention were talking loudly to each other and standing on the desks and chairs.

There was one boy dressed in full black, jumping from one table to the next.

There was a group of girls in the corner with their feel on the table. I could tell by the clothes they were wearing that they were gothic.

One of the girls with brown hair and blue highlights took out a gum from her mouth and stuck it under the desk.

I cringed and turned my head away from them and looked out the window. Detention had been going on for 10 minutes now and I was already going out of my mind.

A few minutes passed when the door to the room opened, revealing Ryder, Micah, Dennis and Kruz.

When they stepped in, the door closed behind them. Everyone in the room turned their attention to them.

What were they doing here? Ryder was the only one who got detention.

Their eyes scanned the room until they found mine. A wide smile spread across Kruz's face as he made his way towards me. The other three followed.

Kruz took a chair and swung his foot over it so that his front was turned to the back of the chair and his legs were on either side of it.

The other three boys sat in a circle around me. Everyone else seemed to have recovered from their shock and started to talk to each other in hushed tones. They were most likely talking about us though.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Oh you know, just hunting for elephants" Kruz said sarcastically. I threw him a glare and he said, "we're here for detention of course"

"I know that, but, why did you guys end up in detention?"

"Well, we figured that we shouldn't let you and Ryder go to detention alone so, like the good friends that we are, we found a way to get in trouble" Kruz explained. "I loosened the bolts on a teacher's chair" he said, smiling proudly at his achievement.

"I was caught loitering and accidentally said a curse word" Dennis said.

"I punched a guy in the face" Micah said with a straight face. He had a bored expression.

I was at loss for words. I was sort of shocked at how he said that in such a nonchalant way.

"You- you punched a guy?" I asked.

"Yup" he said with the same bored expression on his face. "I sure did"

He said it as if it was nothing.

I looked at the rest of the guys expecting them to have the same reaction I did, but to my surprise, they were the complete opposite.

"You guys don't have a problem with this?" I asked them.

"It's Micah" was Ryder's simple answer, his accent coating each word.

I looked between each of them then decided to brush off the matter.

An awkward silence lingered in the air between us.

"So...." Kruz started, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "Do you like bread?"

I looked at him. Bread?

"Sure" I raised confused eyebrow.

The boys all groaned.

"That's cool. You know I like bread. I want to be bread when I grow up" Kruz said.

I looked at the boys in confusion. They all shook their head at me, silently reassuring me that Kruz wasn't crazy and that he did this all the time.

"Actually" Kruz jumped up suddenly. " I want to be bread and Nutella when I grow up" he said with a wide smile. "That's called ambition people"

What?

Kruz opened his mouth to say something else but Dennis saw my discomfort and quickly said something before Kruz could.

"So, since we're friends and all, why don't we get to know each other a little better" he suggested.
" You up for it Dori?"

All they're eyes were fixed on me waiting for an answer.

"Umm...sure"

"Cool, I'll start" Dennis said. "My full name is Dennis Aryll Rushmore. I'm 18. My favorite colour is sky blue. I like lasagna and I like to read. My favorite book is 'Silenced' by Winter Moore."

"My full name is Kruz André Wallace. I'm 17. My favorite colour is brown. I'm in love with bread. I'm going to marry bread in the future and for our feast at the wedding, we're gonna have bread and Nutella. I don't get why people don't like bread. I mean, it's awesome! Bread is-"

"Okaaayy Kruz." Dennis interrupted him. "We get it. You like bread"

Kruz glared at him then looked at me. "See what I mean" he said pointing at Dennis. "They don't appreciate bread like I do. They're horrible"

"You're obsessed Kruz!" Dennis yelled. "You have problems!"

Then they both started arguing; Kruz trying to justify his love for bread and Dennis telling him how obsessed he is.

I glanced at Micah and Ryder to see if they were paying any attention to what was going on. They looked at each other and nodded their heads. Micah put the inside of his elbow over Dennis's mouth and pulled his head towards his chest while Ryder did the same to Kruz. The two boys, despite being held down and having their mouths covered, tried to continue their argument but failed seeing as their words only came out in 'Mmms' and 'Mmphs'.

After a while, they stopped trying to speak and relaxed in their friends' holds.

"My full name is Micah Jose Demarco Fuller. I'm 18. I like purple. I don't have a favorite food."

There was a pause as we waited for Ryder to give information about himself, but all he did was look at me.

"Your hair is damp" he said after a moment of staring.

Crap! I completely forgot about my hair. Why did he have to notice?

"Oh, that" I said and let out a nervous chuckle. "I-i-it was j-just a drink i-incident. N-nothing major."

I technically didn't lie, it was a drink incident, I just left out a few details. I didn't want to tell him about Stacey. I told him about Mason and look how that turned out.

He nodded his head slowly as if accepting what I had said, but we both knew that he didn't buy that stupid lie even for a second.

"My full name is Ryder Sebastian King. My favorite colour is blue. I'm 18 and I hate when people lie to me." He said as he gave me an icy glare. His stare was so cold that it could give a polar bear hypertension.

I quickly turned away from his glare and began to introduce myself. "My full name is Dorian Rebecca Walker. My favorite colour is grey. I like to read alot and I like bread and Nutella" I looked at Kruz when I said the last part.

His eyes widened in excitement. He got out of Ryder's hold and looked at me with sparkly eyes. "I knew it!" He exclaimed. "I knew that's why I liked you! See, this is what you call an amazing human being" he looked at the boys and said that, then he looked into my eyes. "I love you" he said with a broad smile.

We all laughed at his stupidity. He had a little pout on his face as we laughed at him and I gave him a small peck on the cheek, feeling sorry for him.

His face lit up at that and then we all started laughing again, all except for Ryder, because while we were busy laughing, he was busy using his eyes to bore holes in the side of my face.