Chapter 62

I know I've been absent for a while (again lol)

I know I've been absent for a while (again lol). Here's why. I've been very discouraged because I keep getting messages like these over the past year. I've been trying to ignore them but some of them were too harsh to brush off.

Anyway, I'm here again because I did make a promise to finish this book no matter how much I hate it. I thank you all for still sticking around to see the ending.

And if you don't like my book, that's completely okay. You are free to leave and find another that better suits your taste, but please stop messaging me about it.

___________

"Go see your sister" John entered the darkroom. "She doesn't have much time left here, it's best to go say your last words" He spoke with a smug look on his face, leaving Mason slightly baffled and somewhat enraged. 

"I thought we agreed that we wouldn't kill her," He said lowly, a threat hidden behind his words.

John scoffed. "Don't be an idiot Mason. What are we gonna do? Keep her locked up down there and risk her escaping? Killing her is the only way to get what we want. What do you think she'll do if she ever gets out of here now that she knows about us being a part of a gang hmm? Keep her mouth shut? Not to mention her boy toys, we will have to get rid of them too. We can't leave any trace that leads back to us, do you understand?"

Mason felt nauseous. Of course, everything John had said made sense. It made perfect sense, though he didn't want to admit it. What did he think was going to happen? That Dori would be kept locked down there where he could go and visit her from time to time and rekindle the bond they had as kids, the one they should have had as brother and sister? He should have thought this through. Of course, John wouldn't keep her alive, he had no reason to. He made it blatantly obvious how much he hated Dorian and scorned her very existence, of course sparing her life after he'd worked so hard to get her, was not on his bucket list. He already knew that Ryder and his team were as good as dead. That plan had been in the making long before Mason took over. The Black Falcons were to be gotten rid of and Mason would be lying if he said he gave a rat's ass about whether or not they made it out alive. However, he couldn't help the way his heart contracted whenever he thought about Dorian having the same fate.