Chapter 49

Three weeks later...

"Dori! Come on already! You've been up there for hours!" I heard Kruz shout from downstairs.

I looked in the mirror and took one final look at my outfit.

I pulled my yair into a high tight ponytail and headed down the stairs to see the guys dressed in their outfits.

The boys all turned their faces to me and stared.

"Wow" Micah spoke up. "now I see why you took so long"

I blushed and chuckled a bit. Ryder met me at the bottom of the stairs and took my hand in his and brushed a lock of hair that fell from my ponytail behind my ear.

"You look beautiful" he whispered in my ear. I blushed and muttered a small 'thank you'.

Just wait till he sees the back.

We turned and headed out to the car. But as I was about to step in, I heard Ryder exclaim.

"Hold up!" We all turned to look at him in expectation. "That dress is way too revealing" oh so he noticed.

"Oh come on man!" Kruz exclaimed.

"You've got to be kidding me" Dennis muttered.

"Really? Again?" Micah sighed.

"You can't go to a club filled with gangs from all over the country looking like that!"

"It's just her back." Kruz stated. "It's not like anyone is going to watch her walking by and say 'damn, that is one fine back'"

We all laughed a little at Kruz's ridiculous joke. All except Ryder of course. I sighed as he crossed his arms and gave us a hard stare.

"You have to stop being this controlling" I scolded him. "I can't believe I'm not allowed to wear my own clothes"

"You can!" He defended. "Just not that one"

"If it were left up to you, I wouldn't be able to wear anything!"

"And who's fault is it that all the clothes you own are revealing?"

I sighed and rubbed my temples with my fingers. Arguing with Ryder was useless. He always chose to be difficult at times when he really shouldn't be.

"I just don't like people staring at what's mine" he muttered stubbornly, with a small pout because I wouldn't agree with him.

"People are gonna stare whether I look good or not, so what're you gonna do then? Lock me in the house?"

"If that's what it takes" he said in all seriousness. I rubbed my temples again and sighed.

"Ryder can we please just get in the car?" I asked with eyes pleading for him to drop the argument. His eyes softened a bit before he sighed but he hesitated before answering.

"Fine. " He reluctantly agreed. "But you stay by my side at all times."

"Deal" I didn't plan on leaving his side for the night anyway.

"Finally!" Kruz exclaimed and hoped into the car.
:::::::::::::::*::::::::::;::::::*:;:;:;;;::::::::::
The club was packed.

We were at an underground gang club that was rumored to have been the best in the country and now I could see why.

There were three stages stacked on the middle of the large room to form a triangle so that people can see the male and female stripers dancing on the poles from any angle. There were waitresses walking around in only a bra and a thong in heels carrying a tray that held glasses of alcohol.