Chapter 25

During the whole ride to the party, Ryder hadn't uttered a word. Instead, he kept his eyes trained on the road with his jaw clenched and his knuckles turning white due to his tight grip on the steering wheel, while the boys were busy chatting away in the back seat.

I didn't say anything to him. I was too scared to. I was scared that if I even sighed he would throw me a glare so cold, it would freeze lava. Instead, I stayed in a stiff position in the front seat until we arrived at the party.

When we got there, I was the first one to get out of the car, eager to get out of the tense atmosphere in the car.

As I stepped out, a cold breeze instantly slapped my skin.

I instantly began to regret wearing a dress that barely covered half my body.

Maybe I really should have listened to Ryder and changed.

Came up to stand beside me as I looked at the big white house standing in front of me with it's flashing lights and loud music coming from inside it.

I could see people on the lawn doing all sorts of things, like kissing, drinking, smoking, and there was also this guy on the roof peeing and letting it fall on the ground near some of his friends who were surprisingly laughing at the sight.

I instantly looked up at Kruz, disgust evident on my face. He looked down at me, his eyes filled with amusement as he let out a short laugh.

"I know. It's crazy right?" He asked grinning at me.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. How can he find something so disgusting funny?

"I think crazy is an understatement" I mumbled.

"Yea, well this is how all high school parties are. You're just not used to it"

"Damn right I'm not" I mumbled under my breath.

"Hey are you guys coming or what?" Dennis shouted over to us. Him, Micah and Ryder had started walking ahead so they were a few feet in front of us.

We nodded our heads and began walking towards them. Then a sudden thought appeared in my mind that caused me to freeze in my tracks. The boys noticed this and turned around to look at me with questioning expressions.

"What is it?" Micah asked, his eyes shining with concern. "Is something wrong? Are you hurt?"

I shook my head and looked up at them. "Why if they kick me out?" I asked a bit fearful.

The boys turned to look at each other. "No one's going to kick you ou-" Dennis was interrupted by me.

"How do you know that?" I snapped. "I'm not one of their favorite person right now. And I wasn't exactly invited, remember?"

Dennis sighed and walked over to me and took my hand in his giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I promise you, no one is going to kick you out. Not when we're right by your side."

"Yea. We're not gonna leave your side for the whole night if that makes you feel any better" Kruz said.

"And if anyone even looks at you the wrong way, you just say the word and they'll be on the ground before you can say cheese" Micah promised.

I let out a small laugh at the three boys standing in front of me. "Ok. Let's go" I said.

We began to walk towards the house once more and it was then that I noticed the Ryder was lagging behind. He hadn't said anything in a while, not even when the boys were reassuring me that I would be ok at the party.

He can't still be upset about me not changing right?

No. It had to me more than that. It had to be something else. But just for reassurance, I slowed my steps so that I was walking beside him. He didn't even turn to look at me when I did. He just held his head straight and kept walking.