Chapter Fifteen: Free Trial

'You think that's the reason? Do you believe it?' Jack asked,

Matt was sitting down with Rose on his lap, she was awake and looking at her father... her stepfather. But that was later, Lisa was now. He looked around but nothing soothed him. He was trying hard to forget what he saw, he tried to remove it from his mind. But it kept coming like a bad dream or a catchy song. Those red eyes and the demonic laughter. Jack was shaken too but he was venting it out as soon as it came to him. He didn't want to accept the fact also, but nothing stopped him from exclaiming and shouting. Jenny was trying to argue but Jack waved his hands all over the place.

His Lisa, Matt's Lisa, the one who had come to him with wounds and broken wrist, it was she who had looked into Matt's eyes that evening and smiled shyly with her hair hiding the bright eyes. She was just the same from 5 years earlier, just the same even when Matt saw her far away from his locker. They had held hands once, Matt never forgot that warm hand held within his hand. But things had shaken up before forming when high school had ended. Matt had picked the wrong time for making his move. But now he believed in second chances.

SMACK!

Matt shifted his gaze from Lisa to Jack, he had placed his hand on his cheek where Jenny had slapped him. He got up.

'Look Jack,' Matt said, 'It was real and you gotta believe man. Nothing stops it from being real. We all saw it and now I'm gonna wake her up and you promise me you won't say a word to anyone okay?'

Jack looked at him, tears filled in his eyes like pouches of water. He hugged Matt and cried. Jenny rubbed his back. Jack thought: This is too much.

Matt woke Lisa up, her skinny face was a mix of scars and wrinkles. She opened her eyes and looked at Matt.

'Hey, there you are. Feelin' good?' He asked,

Lisa looked away for a second and then back at Matt. She nodded her head. Matt moved towards her and kissed her. Jack couldn't replace those red serpent-like eyes with those beautiful chocolate brown ones, he shuddered.

'You just raised my temperature.' Lisa whispered, Matt smiled at her.

Lisa got up from her bed with some struggle, the fire seemed bright and lively unlike her. She drank some water and sneezed. Her voice was croaky. Jenny looked into the fire, she thought about her dream,

"What was that?" she thought, "The dark corridor... I saw it, a figure with two-point block eyes."

'Jen.' Jack called, Jenny snapped back, she looked at Jack he was shaking her by her hand. She licked her lips and adjusted.

'Huh?'

She got up and joined in the circle.

'So, Lisa. We all need to tell you something.' Matt said,

Lisa eyed them, she thought about it. Was this still a dream? Or is this real?

'You were... sort of, possessed.'

She closed her eyes, inside, everything was shaky.

'I know,' She said,

Matt stopped and looked at her, 'You know?' He asked,

'Yes. The same one from the first.' She said.

'Okay, we all saw something too, I can't remember any of it except the shuriken part –'

'You were in my dream.' Lisa said,

'I was struck by a... katana, is that what you call it?' asked Jack, Lisa nodded,