Ch.19(The Night) Part 1.

-------------------♡~~♧~~♡----------------

It was just another normal day for Arabella Stone as she was lazing around during her work time. That was her recent hobby, her progress in work hadn't improved much rather than, bringing coffee and preparing schedule for Liam Brown, printing and scanning files, handling headaching calls and messages and if her fiesty mouth is included as a work.

Liam would briefly summarise his work for the next day on a sticky note, sticking it on her desk so the next day she would prepare his schedule once she is at work.
It was in the late afternoon when Liam received a call claiming their was a worker who was injured in the factory so he needed to be there.

He looked at Ara to find her head laying on the desk just like a child who positions his or her head to sleep at class time , he had no time to waste trying to wake her up so he rushed out of the building. He is never been called to the factory unless it is so important or an emergency.

Ara rubbed her eyes as she picked the call without bothering to look at the caller's ID.

"Hello, Ara where are you and why are you late?" Her mother asked over the phone as she was fuming. Ara opened her windows to find herself consumed in the dark. She touched around her to notice her surrounding to remember she was still in the office. "Mom I am still in the office. I will try to get home as soon as possible, bye," she disconnected the call and switched on her flashlight to be able to work.

She was trying to search for the switch board but to her dismay she found none. Since she did not want to waste her time she grabbed her bag and decided to leave the office. She twisted the door knob, trying to pull the door however it didn't.

She looked down through the keyhole to find the atmosphere outside was the same as inside, it was dark. Her phone showed the time as eight at night, knowing that no one is going to come to rescue her she called her mother and informed her, specifically lied to her that she got trapped in the office because she had a lot of work and one of the workers might have locked her unknowingly.

She returned back to her table about to play a game on her phone when the phone shut down due to low power. Now she did not even have the little source of light she used, it was all by herself and the darkness that consumed her. She looked outside at the huge window glasses only to find that there was a black out in the city. She could only point out at the tiny car headlights that seemed to be driving in and out of the city.

She sat down on her chair as she continued to observe the blacked out city. She was too lost in her impression of the city to recognize someone was flickering touch towards her.

"Ara what are you still doing here?" this question caught her attention in a second; she turned towards the only source of light in the room to find Liam who was still in his suit. "I got locked up in the office and I don't know how?" Ara bleated.

Ara could not see his face so Liam took the opportunity and smiled shaking his head sideways wondering how could she be a human being after almost spending a three quarter of her day sleeping like a bear. "One of them usually locks the door in the evening if I am not in the office so maybe the person did not see you," Liam delineated as he moved towards his table to get his laptop and a few of the files. "Ohhh! Still the person should have woke me up," Ara complained as her voice laced with bits of annoyance.

"Okay come on let's get you out of here," he opined insinuating his hand in hers pulling her out of the office. "Where are you going because the lift isn't going to work?" Ara asked still letting herself being pulled by Liam who made sure not to let her stumble into a thing by pulling her close to him every time she tried to create a safe distance between them. "We are not using the lift," he answered her.