CHAPTER 8

The two go into the main lobby. As Grifvet was about to join up with the rest of the group, he overheard some Adventurers gossiping.

"Yea, it was a large carriage with the crest of the Arnheit family."

"Must be the Royals up to something again."

"They're always scheming, I wonder what is it now? A war?"

"Let's hope not. I prefer the peace we have right now thanks to the potential return of the Demon Lord."

"I hope so. Or is the Vampire Kingdom at it again?"

"Nahhh, I doubt it. The Vampires are too far to wage war."

Grifvet moves on and walks to the party.

"Grif, What was that about?"

"It seems that the Royals are up to something again.

Eattare and Pierence who also heard some rumors butts in.

"I heard some commotion an hour ago. They said a beautiful lady was with the Prince. They headed straight to the castle being escorted by these strange Knights in Red."

"I'm sure those guys had something to do with you Bahamut and your Master. Where did you come from again?"

"I came from the North. May I ask what this beautiful lady looked like?

"Oh wow, that was... very straightforward of you. She had blue eyes, long pretty golden hair and looked very attractive with two big racks."

"I say words only a person deserves to be heard. That is thine reward for maturing. The truth. That is from an enemy faction, she is the sword saint of our old world. It seems that she knows my Master is only asleep with his machines. We must go."

"Thank you... I guess? BUT WAIT, THE SWORD SAINT!?"

Ingraine then gets into the conversation, wanting to know more about the situation.

"So there's more than Breznick?"

"There is. There's the freedom loving people of Libertus and the Non Human Kingdoms of Interdictum and Keyneth to name a few. Very exclusive and would not let humans enter their Kingdoms, though the same sentiment to humans not allowing the other species in."

"Why's there Kingdoms only exclusive to Non Humans and vice versa? Why isn't it like this? And the Sword Saint?!"

Bahamut opened her mouth to answer, but Ingraine's innocent eyes and tone made her rethink her words.

"My Master and I's world aren't this equal. Everybody hates everybody, the few things they all agree on is what's keeping their world from going into full blown war. Though wars we're already happening on a daily basis, nothing yet on a scale unforeseen before. They've even cooperated before too, it's not that bad as long as everyone knows what they're roles are."

Eattare fixes her bangs and steps one foot in the conversation.

"I can see now why you people seemed so different. The place you came from is very brutal. It also explains the insane level you all possess. That is truly a world where only the strong may survive."

"Indeed, even I wasn't spared from its brutality. But that is in the past. I am here now, and I must find a way to free my Master before they come! And yes, it is indeed the Sword Saint who is after him. They uhhh... recently got into a conflict with her. As I said, my Master seems to attract trouble."

"Well that explains a lot about the recent news of newfolk coming along. So you all truly belong to a more dangerous and brutal world than ours?"

"Newfolk?"