Volume 12 Bonus Chapter

Inside a walled town, in a dirty alleyway as the bright cloudy sky looms over its many two storey buildings made out of clay and wood. A malnourished man with a bushy white beard and unkempt nails and hair shakes a wooden mug to passersby. Wearing a tattered rag and the bones on his arms fully exposed. He didn't look any special, just a hoodlum without any life outside of begging in a town that's in the middle of a very dangerous place. His boney palms open as his legs crossed one another, sitting with a straight back and the cowl of his robe covering his forehead and eyes completely.

Passing by him were a party of six people, with a man leading them wearing a mid to high level plate armor that has a mana crystal located directly within its middle. He notices how elaborate it is, with the chainmail being mended and stitched alongside the thick leather armor underneath it. Behind him was a huge armored man standing more than six feet tall with an absurdly large greatsword behind his back followed by two females. One Wood Elf with an ancient Birch Bow and a Witch in a blackened gown.

"Man, did you see that Death Knight? The fact that we saw one here just means we're really entering the super high level areas now. This Event must really be for the strongest people." The man leading their party had such a light tone to his voice. Respectful and calm, he nonchalantly chatted with the Tank and the two other party members. "I know right, boss! He was so cool! He didn't even flinch when Lich Mage tried to control him! I hope I can be like him one day, the guy was wearing such heavy Black Steel armor and it felt like nothing on him! Heck, I think he's faster than Mao!" The Wood Elf then briefly punched the back of the laid back Tank as she pouted. Crossing her arms and scoffed at the chuckle of the heavily armored man,

But what truly caught his eye was a Priest carrying a hefty backpack alongside another would-be Knight player who is also carrying a pack just as heavy as the Holy man next to him. His armor didn't stand out, it even looked like it belonged to a lower level area and should not be used in their current continent. It was practical, realistic, and nothing special. Something anyone would find in an old museum about Medieval times.

The Packmule of a Human man stops and looks at the begging man. "Palamedes, we have to go! You don't want our share of today's run getting cut!" He ignores the Priest then goes to his pouch located in the back of his leather belt and gives the beaten man a gold coin. "Here, please use this for food." the old man chuckled. "Geez, the guy already gave you money yet you laugh at him?"

"Thou harth a good soul. An eye for an eye, a trade for a trade, a charity for a charity. Thouweth shall be there when times are hard. Looketh to the skies and watch as Death befalls them." His voice was raspy and deep, like a warrior who had been through battle since his conception and end. A man who has been through it all and lived to tell the tale not many others could recount but the two just gave him an awkward smile as a scream echo from their leader. "HEY! MULES!"

They both turn their faces to the right and then back to where the old man was just to see that he has fully disappeared like a gust of wind passing by them. He was gone without a trace, even the mat he was cross sitting on was completely gone. They were silent by what just transpired. Not even the Priest detected any Dark Magic or Ghostly apparition yet he was gone just like that. "C'MON!" Before they could fully calculate what just occurred, the Priest snaps back to the situation and grabs Palamedes by the arms. "Hey wait! Zabad, who was that guy?"

A seeping darkness lurks within the shadows of the town. Throttling about it as it seeks through the windows of every building it passes. Though not as flashy and not with many colors as the dark green of the forest that surrounds its perimeter that paints a town in a sad peril rather than one lively and thriving. The adults outside of their homes all carried swords or knives, no one was left without a weapon as a handful of Adventurers passed the town. Giving it some much needed income that the Traders and Merchants didn't let pass. Selling everything they could to these well armored and well armed people crossing the dangerous land.