VOLUME 10 Chapter 8

Dragging three players into an alleyway. The General with Bahamut right beside him walks with them as the skeleton soldiers roughly put them down kneeled on the trashy location. With their hands cuffed, the only people there who were free were the soldiers, the Dragon, and the high ranking officer present. Looking down on the three defenders of the white suited man.

"So. Who sent you?"

"..."

"A Viking Tank with a Warhammer, a Thief wearing a robe and dual swords, and most of all. An Elven with a Scepter who is good at Fire and Nature magic. I'd like to know why you folks chose to defend a Native. As his head is now rolling."

"..."

"How much did he pay you? How did he know Bahamut is here?"

"..."

"Haaaaa... you know." The General squats in front of them. Pulling his sleeves up as he sighs. "I have Bahamut here. She can easily make you spill. But, since I'm trying to leave my past and be a better man. I'm here right now wasting precious time to talk and interact with you all."

"..."

"If that's how it's going to be."

He takes a step back as Bahamut places her index finger on their forehead. A Humvee then arrives and Colonel Henry disembarks from it. Saluting to the General.

"Henry, didn't I tell you? No heavy arsenal inside the city?"

"Sorry sir. But the Pilots were competent; they'd only hit the World Boss."

"Still, that was uncalled for. We cannot have missiles flying even a kilometer within city limits. We're trying to avoid chaos, remember?"

"Sorry sir."

"Bwah. You did good anyways. You have a mark of a good officer. You inspected the situation and knew having that Angel attack me would burden me more. So, I'm guessing it's big if you came here yourself."

"Yes sir. As you ordered, we checked the perimeter and we found a Blackhawk that landed on a rooftop nearby and dropped some troops. It soon left. We have no IDs yet on the pilots involved but we know it's a Blackhawk from the Third Helicopter Wing stationed at the Downtown Heliport."

"Hmmmm... they're quite smart then."

"Sir?"

"If it's a transport helicopter. Then they were indeed just there to watch. Bahamut, what did you find out?"

"Their paid Master. The white suited man hired them on the outskirts and had them act as his bodyguards. They also live in the Central section of the city."

"Mhm. No wonder they didn't use more powerful and destructive magic against me. What a bunch of morons... hah... Anything about meeting anyone?"

"Their Tank eavesdropped on the White suited man and he was talking to someone on the phone about a certain Dragon from Tur now in the city. Master, I think it was that Organization leading them to me to test my strength."

"Well well well. The cat's out of the bag then."

"Master?"

"They were doing the classic, sending the goons to test your opponent's strength. They wanted to see if they could still take you on as your religion grew."

"I thought the same. Then Master, what should we do?"

"Nothing. StateSec is after them, not us. They are beyond our jurisdiction as we are the Army, not the Internal Bureau. Regardless, I do not think they'll pull anything unless we get ahead of them. They got a front view of your strength, it will be a bad move if they try anything while you're here."