VOLUME 3 Chapter 7

As the two continue their conversation, Paul exits out of the elevator on the 5th floor of the UN Building. He sees Alana and Bahamut talking to Daniela in the Dining area. He smiles at the sight of the Vampire actually conversing with other people and having a great time. He approaches them with his general cap locked in his right arm. Looking prim and proper in his black Eldwood General uniform.

"Well Alana, you seem to be making friends."

Oh, you're here M'Lord."

A light quake is then felt, the wine glass the Vampire was drinking drop starts visibly shaking. Daniela looks outside and sees an endless stream of armored vehicles crossing the main streets and a gigantic formation of helicopters flying by.

"Uhhh... what's happening?"

"Well Miss Knight, we've mobilized everything. I think that's the scheduled parade walking on the city street." He swiftly turns his attention to Alana and Bahamut.

"We'll be following them in the next few days. Eldwood is sending ten thousand or more soldiers there. It's exactly one thousand and four hundred players with each commanding eight to twenty skeletons."

"Then it's war." The Countess stands up, with her eyes flaming with bloodlust.

"It's the war that might just save this world from another catastrophe apart from whatever world ending event you have scheduled. One made by us, ugh." He turns his attention to Daniela who was still entranced by the large number of machines rolling through the four lane street "Miss Knight, I do thank you for entertaining my people."

He bows and immediately turns around, facing the elevator. The two say their goodbyes to Daniela and follow him down to the 1st floor.

"Could you exactly tell me what's happening?"

"Yea, I'll tell you everything on the way to the hotel."

On the sidewalk, thousands of skeleton soldiers fully decked out military gear are marching in formation, the citizens residing in the city are cheering as their lifeless warriors march to the front. Explaining everything that transpired in the UN meeting, Alana grabs Paul's arm and stops him from walking.

"So you're telling me M'Lord, there's war machines out there capable of eating anything and breeding to create more of themselves?!"

"Yes, and we must stop them before reaching Critical Mass. Their old stuff that's decommissioned on Earth, with the files on how to build them released, wasn't long till Full Dive players were able to replicate them." Bahamut tilts her head while sitting on his shoulder.

"Critical mass?"

"It means the point where we can no longer control or contain their numbers. Right now, thanks to the survivors of the Kingdom of Nebesa, we managed to act before the Robotic Horde reached a level on which we cannot stop it."

The Vampire then smiles and looks him right in the eyes.

"Then I'm guessing we'll be busy all night?"

"No, I'm just taking you two to a Hotel. I'll have to go to the airport and start planning and organizing an invasion force. We're about to compile all of our firepower, all the UN members have. But you, I need you to rest with Bahamut. Your role will be very important and might be a game changer as your purebred status might be the thing that will swiftly turn the tides."

"M'Lord, do you expect us to just stay there and be quiet?"

"No, I want you two to go out and see the city, I'll join you when the second day of the Assembly is finished. Here, take this." He pulls out an old retro flip phone from his pocket.