VOLUME 6 Chapter 4

After the heavy snowfall, Alana emerges from her tent, already seeing the commotion as the Joint Task Force of the UN started pushing snow off the rooftops of their vehicles. She could see that Queen Elizabeth had already garnered a lot of attention, being unusually early on that day. Approaching the beauty in a Masquerade Mask, the soldiers give way while tipping their helmets and trying to make their best smiles to impress her.

"My Maj- I mean Carmilla, I've not noticed that you've awakened before me."

"Good Morning Countess. I'm just checking on the men. Our beauty and presence gives them immense morale. It is merely a duty for us to wake up early and energize them. So please, bear in mind to wake up early."

The Countess remembers Paul saying stuff about how their race is idolized in his world, making her facepalm.

"Then, I shall be on my duties then."

"Do take care. Be sure to walk with pride, remind them of our greatness!"

She raises her hand at shoulder level, showcasing her long and slender fingers underneath a silk white glove that reaches her elbow. In her tent, Alana couldn't help but imagine what trouble her Lord might be in. Noting how she never felt like this before, having lived a privileged noble life, without much trouble. A thud is then heard outside, taking her attention, the lady in red stands up from her foldable chair and opens her tent flap to see a Vampire Ranger looking for her. The man in Adventurer outfit kneels before the woman and bows his head.

"Lady Minuit! We've caught another Vampire that has been drinking the blood of our human livestock!"

The players hear this and they all look at her with confused and scared eyes, Queen Elizabeth claps her hand with great elegance, signaling everyone to ignore her as it is a private matter. Respecting the tall blonde, the soldiers go back to work while the Ranger smiles with fear.

"Oops."

"Grrrrrr... come with me, in my tent."

"O-of course Lady!"

Inside, she's given a debrief that the daughter of the Aresthal family had come inside one of her human villages and drank the blood of multiple people including children. Outside, Queen Elizabeth is secretly listening in while entertaining the UN soldiers as the Russians started blowtorching and lighting campfires underneath their M35A1s and Humvees.

"Those...!" she clenches her hand, her veins on her arm visibly showing as her anger reaches a boiling point. "After I warned them... they came back and disrespected my territory?!" She instively stands up, ready to head back but then stops, remembering she still has to find her Lord. Confused on what to do, the Vampire Queen sneaks up behind her and puts her hands on her shoulders.

"I recommend you go. I'll take care of the search party, I assure you that it won't take us a month. But for now, you've been gone for far too long and must attend to your duties as a Countess."

Unable to protest due to having respect for their first Queen and founder, the woman just turns around and bows.

"Please, make sure he returns safe, he's a bit dumb and stupid, but when it comes to it. He can be dependable."

"No worries Countess. On behalf of my title and name, I shall. And it's not like I don't have any personal reason not to. Heheheh..." Looking up, Alana could see the hopeful eyes on the Queen. Something the books never told or shared. All accounts of her was a brutal and mighty Vampire that rolled through the fields of Geraldia with a handful of Legions and hundreds of thousands of summoned Demons. "Carmilla, is there any chance you might be..." she was immediately interrupted "No, he just reminds me of my husband. They both... have that aura of being dumb but dependable. Actually, I kinda got reminded of my adventures with him... though it's been thousands... so don't worry. I'll find him. I swear on my soul and very being."