To Start Anew

The porch lights lit up Lucian's surroundings in vibrant greens and oranges. The oscillating grids on the grass made the blond look to the sky, but the grids seemed to follow his gaze to the stars. Making it a struggle to properly see, the dark sky with white dots was the best retreat to his confused mind. The purring from the scaly dragon he leaned on started echoing in his ears, the sound rising in pitch as it would when the chattering dragon would dive. The little white dots came down and quickly pulled the blond up. The moving streaks eventually morphed into a repetitive pattern of squares and circles.

Lucian floated through a tunnel of shimmering flat blue hues, slowly spinning into itself in different forms of fractals, that seemed to bridge itself from Earth to sci-fi fantasy. A world of white oval shapes towered ahead of him. The way the shapes were twisted reminded the blond of thick tree roots, intertwining themselves into the blackness of the void surrounding it. Lucian would of been starstruck or intimidated by the sight, but he couldn't actually tell if he was feeling any emotion in that moment. Instead, he felt contentment as he carried on, entering the structure with ease and eventually finding himself on a long, floating platform. Its appearance taking on the grids from before with more profound fractals that led him along, with shimmers of bright blue and green.

The guidance brought him to a large opening, the walls no different from the outside, simply moving into itself in a repetitive pattern that held his attention for a short while. His icy blue eyes had trailed down the walls to the pillars of faces that lined the edge of his path, all staring at him with skeptical looks, as if judging his soul as he walked by. But still, Lucian held no emotion to the scrutiny he was under. Still walking to the scene at the end of the walkway. He could see a dark figure that slowly floated from one side to the next, as if trying to organize the white lights in their grasp. From the blond's distance, he couldn't tell if the tall figure had hands or not, appearing more like long branches than fingers. However the closer he got, the more they seemed to resemble the limbs of a human. Or at least the one pale hand did, the other was sickly thin and coal black, nearly nothing left of it but the skeleton of an arm. Which he supposed it was exactly that, he would have probably cringed and squirmed at the rattling sound the fingers made as they gently wrapped around another white light. Or perhaps not, he wasn't exactly bothered by much, if anything as far as he remembered, not quite remembering who or what he was, or if any other world besides this one existed. No, instead he found comfort in the echoes the bones made. Drawing him to further explore the figure.

Her eloquent clothing was of dark shades, wrapping around her body to perfectly fit her hourglass-shaped frame. Only overshadowed by her long wavy black hair, vines of white braids having coiled themselves into the curtain that flowed around her and dropped to add to her dress. A crown of tree roots wrapping around bones sat atop her head, the sight in no way meant to be menacing, or incite fear of any kind. Instead, it gave off the feeling of peaceful beauty, with long strings of jewelry and runes adorning parts of it and adding to her hair. Lucian had finally pulled his eyes from her hair and searched her facial features. With her right side faced towards him, her skin was a pale white lightly dusted with shimmering silver. Her near black iris nearly devoured any light that dared too close. The features made way for only one word to appear across Lucian's vision. Stunning. The word not removing itself from his thoughts until the giantess floated back to the other side, revealing the rest of her face. Any form of anatomical muscle had been removed, leaving behind the skull of her head, and skin loosely draped over top, as if it was simply an accessory and held no real use. Strings of skin had carefully hung from her cheek bone and fell just over her teeth, specific ones connecting with skin from her bottom jaw, holding it up to complete the accessory. Her teeth were a pearly white that seemed to float in the darkness of her mouth. Her left eye was a stark contrast to her right, practically beaming with a white glow that was buried in a pitch black socket. The sight captivating the blond's gaze the longest. Instead of hideous, or petrifying, the word peaceful had ended up painting his thoughts at the appearance. Peacefully Stunning, he concluded. It was here that the giantess had finally noticed him. The lady gave him a curious look before placing the small strand of light in her hand in its rightful place. Now slowly floating to the rather large throne that laid in the middle of the hive of lights. Also decorated in bones, tree roots, and lights.