9

"Hmmm... Oh no... I'm in the watch tower... What happened?" Zatanna asked hoping someone would hear and answer.

"Oh... I guess I have the med bay to myself! I shou-"

"Zee we need to talk." Batman said causing Zatanna to slowly look at the detective.

"Hey Bruce... What happened now?"

"Your friend the Cadmus marine."

"What about (Y/N)?"

"He saved your life yesterday by killing this flower."

"That's-"

"It is."

"Is (Y/N) ok?"

"For now. Its not smart to get involved with Captain Dolion."

"His name is (Y/N) Wakagen I fully know his record after you told me about and after I've been in his mind. He's not dangerous."

"You really believe that? Did you know about the laws your... "Friend" has broken?"

"Bruce what are you trying to do?"

"Trying to make you see the bigger picture. Continue being around him you'll end up hurt or worse."

"Bruce is there a conflict of interest here?" Zatanna asked crossing her arms as the dark knight grew a bit silent.

"Heh... Wow... Bruce you know we had agreed it wouldn't work between us."

"I was there. In only looking out for a friend."

"Well you don't have to. Because frankly its looking like your involved way more than you should b-"

"He knows my identity."

"What?"

"That's how Waller knew about my Identity, she had her top dog sniff around quite thoroughly."

"So what? you believe he's trying to use me to get to the League? Is that it? Or something else?"

"Its a possibility. Of course if anyone else found out you'll be in question."

"Me being a traitor Bruce? What was your favorite line again? Oh yea... I'm only a part timer like you Bruce... If you need someone to be in charge of magic affairs you have Constantine for that he is just as capable." Zatanna said heading for the door until Batman stopped her.

"Why are you defending him?"

"I've... Grown... Fond of him... And like you and Selina. I did a tarot card reading on... Us... I found me and him have a one hundred percent compatibility."

"You sure up I can trust that Zee? After all me and Selina didn't last very long."

"And whose fault is that Bruce? The chance is still there for you two... If you work it out. I told Selina I would check again and I did results still the same. Except one person was not putting in the work."

"Just be careful Zee."

"I will be." Zatanna said in a reassuring tone leaving the med bay taking a deep breath.

"Emoh kacb em tropelet." Zatanna said snapping her fingers as she suddenly appeared in front of her door.

"I don't have my keys... Shit."

"You don't have to worry about that." (Y/N) said opeming the door for Zatanna after she had look for her keys.

"Hey Soldier boy... I'm back..."

"I'm... Glad... To see you Ok..." (Y/N) said with a blush on his face as he pulled Zatanna in a slow yet soft hug with signs of uncertainty in his body language.