Chapter II-The Stranger in the Night

They all were shocked when he said the words, they all didn't have a clue what he was on about, "what," asked Damo, no one understood what Scarr had said, it all happened to fast for them, could it be that he had found where Rickalas had vanished to. Damo has brown hair with blue eyes, he's wearing his black robes, he carried a long sword that is strapped to his waist and he has a scar going through his eyelids. Damo can be extremely stubborn at times and he doesn't know when to admit he's wrong but his skills with a blade make him a flawless edition to the Guardians.
     Scarr turned around to face his fellow Guardians, he opened his eyes and began to speak, "get me a map and I will show you," said he, the lord shouted for his servant who arrived without delay, he didn't look like much of a servant as he is finely dressed and his hair is well groomed. He's not a slave' in fact he chooses to do this kind of work and gets paid a decent wage for doing it. Just remember that there are no slaves on Azurdenea all are considered free and hold equal value. Although there's small fractions who don't follow this, Lord Eanraig then told the servant to bring him a map and so he left left to carry out his lord's orders.
     Another person began to ask Scarr a question and this is the one known as Trogen. "What do you mean you have found him, is this a half'pyr thing," he asked, Trogen as long black hair with brown eyes, he's also wearing his black robes, he carried a battle hammer that is strapped to his back and he as an eye patch covering an eyeless socket that he lost in a long distant war, which I may tell you about in another story. Trogen can be the quiet one but overly observant kind, he tends to say a lot of things before thinking and can be quick to judge someone, but he's loyal to his last breath and can be quite cunning.
      Scarr looked at Trogen in the eye and smiled, "you will see," answered Scarr, everyone looked at him with a sense of curiosity, a few minutes later the lord's servant returned with a map of the Azzard. The servant passed the map to Scarr who then placed it on the floor, Scarr and the others crowded around it, "he is there, I know it," said Scarr. He wasn't even pointing at the map, he's pointing to the far southwest of Plutopia below the map in the Embleton desert, "he is not even in the Azzard anymore," whispered Scarr, everyone eyed him suspiciously.
       Wondering why Rickalas is in the Embleton desert and how he got there, Spiros moved to question him, "but there is nothing beyond the border in that direction," as he began to scratch the top of his head he began to finish speaking, "it is just desert, as far as the eye can see," whispered Spiros, he's speaking to him as if Scarr knew all the answers, but truth is Scarr's just as stumped by all this as everyone else they all looked at the map then back to Scarr.
       Scarr began to explain to everyone what he saw in the location where Rickalas resided, "I saw a hidden ruined city. Something else is at work here," as he spoke he began to ponder and speak to them about how and why someone would build an entire city that's hidden deep in the desert yet no one knows about it. Alas he didn't know the solution, "this does not make sense," Scarr whispered, he held his head in his right upper hand trying to surpass a headache from his over thinking, whilst the rest of the Guardians just looked at one another as none of them understood a word Scarr had just said.
      Lucyia began to pounder upon how Scarr was able to locate Rickalas, "what did you do, I mean how did you find him," asked Lucyia. Everyone began to listen because Lucyia asked the question they all were thinking, "I have a unique ability," Scarr continued to explain that he can find anyone anywhere on the planet using his mind, it can be difficult to explain. The best description is that it gives him locations in images and can be very energy draining especially if he has never been to the place before, "I was lucky to find him," he answered, the ability he speaks of is known as locater.
      They all looked upon Scarr impressed with this ability, they all have known him for many years and not one of them knew about it, "ok that is a mouthful," said Ja'nel, Scarr turned around and put his back to everyone, he then began to speak, "now I am going to go and find Rickalas, on my own," the rest of the Guardians were not very happy but Scarr explained to them that there's great evil there that he's never encountered before, "my lord is it ok if they stay here and await my return," whispered Scarr, the Guardians are all trying to make Scarr change his mind but they know how he can be once his mind's made up.
      Lord Eanraig nodded at Scarr telling him it's ok for the Guardians to stay in Mallace and they were pleased that they had somewhere to stay instead of travelling all the way back to Plutopia, "than it is settled then, you all can wait here for my return. I set of on the morrow, do not worry," Scarr looked at each one of the Guardians one by one assuring them that everything will be alright, "I will bring him back safely and thank you my lord for allowing them to stay," muttered Scarr, with it all set, the Guardians staying at Mallace and Scarr travelling to find Rickalas, they all decided to get some sleep.
                                      ******
As the sun rose in the east on the 15th of Poseidon 1900 ABM Scarr awoke, he put on his robes and began packing his rucksack with food and cooking gear. He's stood by his bed in his room which is fairly small with a wardrobe and not much else. There's a knock on his door, "come in," he said, the door opened and Johnkal walked in closing the door behind him, "what do you want Johnkal," he then walked over to Scarr with an angered attitude and a fearful look. Scarr didn't see that it was Johnkal because he has his back to him, but somehow he knew it was him and he then turned to face him.
Johnkal began to nervously bite his lip as Scarr began to speak, "why have you come here," asked he, looking deep into Johnkal's eyes eagerly waiting for his answer, "you can not go on your own, you need someone to watch your back," Johnkal muttered. A smile hit Scarr's face and he could feel all his worries slipping away from him. Scarr then turned around to continue his packing. "No Johnkal, I need to go alone," he then proceeded to explain to him why he couldn't accompany him, "I am sorry my friend," Scarr whispered, the evil in the desert corrupts people's souls and as such Johnkal isn't strong enough to withstand it.