Chapter X-The Cross-Flame Dragons

Scarr called out his name to the Kananarku and screamed at them that he's the son of Scabies Thesulac. He is part of the family of blood, "I am a legacy of Eldest Eden Thesulac, this is not how my story ends," cried Scarr, as the nothing, dragged him to the floor and they all piled on top of him, a tear swept down Ki'lak's eye as he stood up. He looked on the floor ahead of him, all around him and he saw the floor covered with nothing, from where they had brought everyone down. He then looked at his twin swords, looked below the hilt on the blades which spelt out his true name in an old ancient language and then in the very same moment the blades disappeared and a different pair of blades replaced them.
Ones that are attached to a long chain, there's two blades one is attached to his left arm and the other his right. The long chains were stuck to his wrists, they could not be removed physically, only hidden and the chain blades were sharp and on one side of the blade from the hilt the blade went into a curved spike than back in again than curved round into another sharp spike and than curved around again till it reached the tip of the sword which is also spiked. On the other side of the blade it just curved round from the hilt to the tip like a scimitar and this repeated on the other blade.
Ki'lak looked at his chain blades, smiled proudly and then looked towards the army of death that were rushing towards him in a blinding fury and he then too rushed towards the nothing, in a blinding fury, he swung his chain blades forward and started swinging them left then right, up and then down. As he did he screamed, "you know me, I've stopped you before, I will stop you again," he swung both chain blades to the left in the same direction as he finished speaking, "I am the direct line of Eldest Eden Thesulac, you know my name, fear it and return back to your master the One'being," as he swung one chain blade from the left and one from the right and vice versa.
Then he span them up and then back down to the ground, he is destroying them, but more seemed to come and upon hearing who he is it put them into a frenzy. They wanted his blood even more, they started coming from behind, so Ki'lak swung his chain blades behind him, then back in front of him and then the nothing, rushed him from all angles, all at once.
Ki'lak fought valiantly, but even his chain blades were no match for a full all round approach from the Kananarku and they stormed over him like a full on tidal wave. All he could see is nothing no literally nothing, it is dark, he felt like he is drowning and he couldn't breath through all this black smoke. But there is enough air to stay alive and a nothing, moved over to him and looked him in the eye as Ki'lak locked eyes with it the nothing, stabbed him through the heart with its long sharp claws.
A bright beam of light, brighter than the sun lit up the entire clearing and the nothing, that littered the ground holding them all down cleared away like frightened children and the ones that wasn't killed by the light fled back to the forest of lost souls. They all laid on the floor, passed out but very much alive, Ki'lak wasn't though he is fully conscious, he has his hand on his wound and now that the claw of the nothing, was no longer inside him, the wound instantly healed as if by magic and also the light is still shining but beginning to dim. He stood up and looked over to where the light is retreating back to.
He could see but a blurry image of a group of men on horseback and he could see that one of them held out what looks to be a wizard's staff. Which is where the light finally disappeared inside and it were all dark once again and he couldn't see anything, so Ki'lak began walking towards them whilst making sure the Guardians are still alive. He didn't get around to them all before he spoke, "who are you friend," he asked, as the men on horses lit up some torches, Ki'lak could now see them, "thank you for aiding us," as he looked upon the man who appeared to be their leader he could see a crown atop his head and he wore golden robes which reflected the light of them.
He sensed that he is before the lord of Faryal as he and his men bore on their chests the family cress of Faryal of two dragons interlocking flames in a cross motion. "We have been expecting you all," said the lord of Faryal, as he jumped of his horse he walked over to Ki'lak and took his hand, "I am Alastair, lord of Faryal and you must be Scarr Thesulac," Ki'lak smiled, said no and as he did Scarr got up as he had woken up and proceeded to walk over to them, "Lord Alastair, I am Scarr Thesulac," mumbled Scarr, still dazed and confused from what was going on, he asked, "what happened," as he held his head which was throbbing and went to pick up his blades.
Lord Alastair pointed over to the man holding the staff, "that would be my friend here," said Lord Alastair, Scarr looked over to the wizard as Lord Alastair finished, "he is a master with metamorphosis magic, he used it to create the light which banished the Kananarku," Scarr then proceeded to thank the wizard. The metamorphosis wizard has long scruffy hair and an unshaven beard, with long brown and tatty robes, "we can not linger here," said Lord Alastair, as he signalled his men to put the Guardians still unconscious onto their horses, he then finished saying, "they will return in no time," talking about the Kananarku.
Scarr and Ki'lak also helped the men strap the Guardians to the horses, Scarr looked over to Rickalas who is on the ground in a pool of blood, he screamed and ran over to him as he lifted Rickalas's head off the floor, "no," he screamed, as Ki'lak ran over to him Scarr continued speaking, "you were supposed to become the king, unite the lands, you can not be dead," Scarr closed Rickalas's eyes as Ki'lak placed his hand on Scarr's shoulder. He told him not to worry and said, "if he is of the bloodline, than he will be reborn as a half'pyr," Scarr nodded as he listened to Ki'lak's promise and then picked Rickalas's blood soaked body and carried him to a horse.
When he had done that, they tied all the horses together in single file then tied the horse on the front to one of Lord Alastair's men's horse, Scarr and Ki'lak got on a horse and rode in front with Lord Alastair and the metamorphosis wizard all the way to Faryal which they could see. Scarr and Ki'lak never noticed it before as they was preoccupied with the battle, but Faryal is lit up like a Christmas tree, obviously they both realised it is to keep the nothing, out. "So, what is your name," asked Scarr to the wizard in order to distract himself from the thoughts of Rickalas.
The wizard just turned to him, smiled and began to tell him, "my name is Isaurus, of the metamorphosis coven of magic," he said, Scarr and Ki'lak smiled at him as he continued to tell them that he comes from a land far south east of here in the realm of the ancient dragons, the Black Sage which is where his coven is located. As they both listened they again smiled and Scarr then proceeded to ask him another question, "so what is metamorphosis magic," Scarr had never heard of it before although he knew of magic he didn't know they were covens that represents different magics.
Scarr then asked if he could explain if they're more covens, Isaurus said that metamorphosis is one of seven houses and that it affects the world around them by altering the laws of reality and manipulating it to ones own accord. Scarr is impressed, he thought his own abilities were impressive but magic takes it to a whole new level. He then stated that it involves the manipulation of the physical world and it's natural properties, "hence why I could create the light, from which the Kananarku fled from," he also said that he can do spells that allow him to breath underwater.
He can also create magical protection and also paralyse his enemies, Scarr became even more impressed although Ki'lak didn't even bat an eyelid and it was as if he had seen it all before. "You speak of seven coven houses," Scarr said, "what are they," they're almost at the city now, it's getting closer with each passing moment and Scarr was hanging on to Isaurus's every word, Ki'lak isn't much interested though, "the covens of disintegration, rejuvenation, necromancy, illusion, bewitching and alchemy," explained Isaurus.
Isaurus began telling them about the disintegration coven and that it involves harnessing the energies of all the elements and using them in a harmful way. Scarr and Ki'lak nodded and urged him to carry on, "the rejuvenation coven specialises in the healing of others and oneself, it can also cast protective wards such as protection from harmful magics," he spoke, whilst Ki'lak pretended to be interested but he really wasn't, Scarr on the other hand couldn't get enough.
He then told them about the necromancy coven and it governs raising the dead and summoning creatures from any dimension, obviously illegal to practice in many realms he added. The illusion coven he said focuses on changing the perception of the world from the view point of the target and it involves manipulating the mind of the enemy, it also allows you to cast spells such as calm, fear or invisibility. "The bewitching coven involves the enchanting of weapons and objects into something more powerful than they was before," and finally the alchemy coven speaks for itself he said, it involves the brewing of potions, curses and instant spells in a bottle.
They were all almost at the city gate now and Haven had began to peer over the horizon, "magic is the next best thing to those not born of natural abilities like species such as the vampiric are more accustomed to," he finally finished explaining, Ki'lak thought it was a relief he finished especially now they all finally arrived at the gates which the guards opened for them and they all entered. "Welcome to the city of Faryal, Guardians," Lord Alastair yelped, as he also told the guards who were with them to take the injured to the medics and they also tied their horses in the stables which stood next to the gate.
They took Rickalas of the horse and placed him upon a piece of wood which they tied him too, after that Lord Alastair, Scarr and Ki'lak proceeded to a large mansion on the other side of the city whilst carrying Rickalas they were following a path which took them straight through the city. To the left and right of them where shops and stalls that sold many things that were beginning to open, moments later they came upon a set of about five or six stairs which they climbed, Scarr and Ki'lak noticed the pathway was made of sandstone and it looked as though it gets continuously polished.
They continued walking down the pathway and noticed more shops upon their left and right, but they were also a few houses, moments later they reached yet more steps of about the same five or six which they also climbed to reach the top. They continued to walk down the path and noticed up ahead what looks to be the city centre and Ki'lak picked up the scent of fish, he hated the smell and turned his nose up at it. He held his hand to his nose, as they reached the city centre, they noticed a water fountain in the pathway. The path seemed to circle around it and the fountain is of two fish spitting water up into the air.
Scarr looked into the water and noticed a load of coins, people had been using it as a wishing well and Ki'lak noticed where the smell of fish is coming from, it is a stall on the left hand side of the water fountain. There is a man there teaching a small boy how to cut a fish, perhaps his son or even just a young apprentice and Ki'lak knew he was both. They all walked along the path of the water fountain and on the other side a little way from it there is yet more stairs which they all walked up and they noticed an inn upon the top, the Dragons Flame Inn it was called, but they walked straight passed it.
There's also a lot of houses up on this level and it's the most crowded, a few moments later they arrived at the final set of stairs and atop them stood a grand courtyard. But the thing that caught both Scarr's and Ki'lak's eye is the enormous dragon status, they were two, one on either side of the path, they were both looking towards the sky and blowing their flame breathe which is interlocking, representing the family cress of Faryal. "You both like," asked Lord Alastair, they both didn't bother to answer as they were both mesmerised by the craftsmanship.
Lord Alastair then proceeded to explain the statues, he said that the interlocking dragons has always been apart if his families heritage, all the way back to the forgotten history and its true meaning has been lost to time. They all set of walking towards the mansion and passed underneath the interlocking dragons, that's when they heard a voice, which they looked down towards and noticed it was Rickalas who had come back to life. All his wounds were healed and Scarr could sense it, Rickalas was no longer a man but a half'pyr like himself and not only that but he now has four arms.
Rickalas looked at everyone for a few moments not recognising anyone, until eventually it came back to him, "good to have you back brother, I never doubted it for a second," smiled Scarr, Rickalas was busy looking up at the two dragons to notice Scarr had even said anything, he looked to be in shock and also as if he had seen a ghost. I guess coming back from the dead will do that to you, Scarr and Ki'lak proceeded to untie him and helped him back onto his feet and he swayed back and forth a little before he found his balance. "You truly are Sharaf's heir brother," smiled Scarr, they all then proceeded towards the palace.

On the 23rd Poseidon 1900 ABM they were all stood in what looks to be a throne room, although Lord Alastair is sat upon his throne, Scarr, Rickalas, Ki'lak and Isaurus are stood around him. The throne room is beautifully decorated, there's stone pillars all around the hall and in the gaps between them were beautiful red curtains with golden lines woven through them and there's also portraits of the past lords and ladies of Faryal. "I know you think we are here to help you combat the nothing," Scarr gulped, Lord Alastair didn't like what he's going to hear, but he proceeded to listen anyway.
Scarr proceeded to explain that they couldn't stay as they have been summoned to Plutopua to the council of lords and that Rickalas and Ki'lak will be coming with him, "the rest will stay and aid you," he explained, Lord Alastair is ok with that, he knew a summons to the council is mandatory and they couldn't stay even if they wanted to, they are all under oath, even the lords of the Azzard. "I know. I received a summons too," he spoke, Scarr had expected as much, he was a lord of the Azzard after all, "not three day ago, although I been thinking of staying and protecting my city," Rickalas approached him and urged him to change his mind.
Rickalas objected and spoke, "I urge you to reconsider, respectfully you are under oath, my lord," Scarr, Ki'lak and even Isaurus agreed with him, "you can also argue your case with the council, perhaps even receive back up," Lord Alastair began to see it from his point of view and began stroking his chin with his right hand. Alastair agreed with him and told Isaurus that he will be leaving him in charge, "you are my trusted adviser, I know you will not let me down," Isaurus smiled and bowed before the lord of Faryal, Scarr politely asked Isaurus if he could tell the others where they've gone and he nodded and agreed.
Scarr also asked him if he could brief them on what he knows about the Kananarku, in which Isaurus agreed bowed before them all and went off to preform his duties, "we have not got time to travel to Plutopua," Scarr said, Rickalas and Lord Alastair pondered on how they are going to get there, of course Ki'lak already knew how. "This is going to drain me dry," he laughed, "give me your hands, here we go," as they all gave Scarr their hands Ki'lak began laughing as he knew what is coming, Scarr just glared at him, whilst Rickalas and Lord Alastair thought the guy was mental. In the next moment all four of them vanished and Scarr teleported them all the way to Plutopua.
******