Chapter V-More than Meets the Eye

The battlefield stretched far and wide' while there was much death on both sides Azzur drew out two short blades both attached to two different chains and ran straight into battle with Caleb trailing behind. Eventually they reached the front lines where Azzur can better use his chain blades without killing his own men, he swung and swung knocking men back and into the air with each blow. Limbs were flying in every direction as his men cheered and the enemy tried to avoid him but his chain blades reached far and for every ten men he killed, Caleb killed one' Azzur truly was a powerful warrior.
Eventually a warrior bigger than any man on the battlefield came to challenge Azzur, he was all muscled and armoured from head to toe and you could just make out his deep red eyes in between the slits in his helm. The elves cowered in fear of this devastating enemy for they have put up with warriors of this type since the battle begun, the huge warrior gave of a terrifying war cry as Azzur quickly launched his left chain blade towards him, the warrior caught it, twisted it and tried to rip it from Azzur's arm but it wouldn't budge and it was almost as if it was permanently attached to his arm.
Azzur changed his chain blades for his duel swords, both swords had ancient writings just below the hilt, "I am a warlord you fool and can not be easily defeated," shouted the warlord, Azzur raised the swords in defence, the battle had stopped to watch this epic fight' to see two titans of the battlefield clash. The warlord ran towards him in a blinding fury while Azzur went into a defenceless stance, the warlord wielded a sword like no other, it was made of pure light and cut through any blade like butter, the warlord raised the sword above his head and swung it towards Azzur.
Azzur blocked with his twin swords but the warlord was very strong and his sword forced Azzur's swords into his own head and cut open all his face. Azzur pushed with all his might and sent the warlord back about ten steps as the wound on his face instantly healed. "Who are you, how can your blades stop my sword, it is impossible," snarled the warlord, Azzur ran towards the warlord as he swung his energy sword which Azzur front flipped over and turned to face him. He brought his twin blades behind his head and sent them forward in such force, "such strength, it can not be you are..." just before he could finish the sentence his head slipped from his body, bounced and then rolled across the cold hard ground.
The elves cheered and cheered over the conclusion of an epic battle and as they cheered the enemy began to retreat back from where they came, Azzur thrashed both swords into the air screaming louder and louder, "is there no one else," he said, the enemy doubling back as far as they can while tripping over things in fear, Caleb ran over to him cheering as did the elves while grabbing his hands and holding them up as they led him back to the city. "What was that?" asked Caleb, "that was epic Azzur and those weapons that you used I did not even know you had them," the weapons in which he used had vanished and they were nowhere in sight, "the situation called for it, please do not press the matter," he answered.
******
Sharaf and the rest of the Roughnecks received the last prophet and as they left the tunnel all they could hear was cheering and loud war cries' they wondered what was going on. As they entered the throne room, they saw a group of elves walking through the door with Azzur and Caleb. "What is all the commotion," asked Sharaf, in which Tirian turned to face Sharaf and spoke, "my question exactly," the group of elves with Azzur and Caleb were full of excitement and couldn't wait to tell the king what they had just seen. "My kings you should have seen it, Azzur won the battle for us, the enemy is retreating," said an elf.
Although King Tirian didn't believe what he was hearing, one man couldn't win an entire battle on his own. "Do not lie, it is unbecoming," spoke Tirian, the elf walked out in shame. "Caleb, what happened?" asked Sharaf, Caleb was equally excited as the elves to tell what had just happend, "it is true sire, he killed a general, a warlord he called himself," answered Caleb, King Tirian told Azzur that he had seen them before and that it was a worthy feat, he also thanked them for all their help in the battle as they were surely losing.
   ******
On the 18th Maimakterion 1000 ABM almost two months after they first set out to find the prophets the Roughnecks finally began to travel back to Plutopua from Tirian with the final prophet and they were told that the other prophets were placed in the old mines beneath the city. They asked that they bring the final prophet to join the others, the Roughnecks continued on towards the mines. Inside the mines they saw the other five prophets all ready and now, they were waiting on the sixth being brought down. "What happens now," asked Antar, in which Sharaf answered, "we wait and see," as he finished speaking the other prophet was brought into the mine and all six were stood side by side, they all somewhat almost looked exactly the same with some miner differences and after waiting a few seconds they all sprung to life.
Six alien looking creatures floated in the air before them, they had three antennas with an eye upon the ends. "Fools what have you done," shouted prophet number one, the Roughnecks looked at them with a shocking expression. "What do you mean, we believed you are the key," said Sharaf, one of the prophets turned to face him looking down upon him, "yes, the key to the wizard you have released us from our prison and now together the wizard can come forth and the world is doomed," laughed prophet number two.
The prophets thought the Roughnecks were complete idiots as they are messing with forces they could never possibly understand, "does that even make sense, hell. Kill them now before it is too late," shouted Scabies paranoid upon the wizard returning, as he knew how hard it was to kill him the first time but anything about these prophets eludes him, as he buried the wizard a long time ago. "It is too late you fool; he is coming, he is..." said prophet number three as they all vanished.
The voice had changed as if all the voices of the prophets were merging into one and then disappearing and being replaced by a deeper older voice, "already here," said a deep and darkened voice as the guard entered the mine. "Sire, a large army is making way towards the city the gap as been breeched, what are your orders," he said, Sharaf said to assemble the army to meet them in battle and told Azzur and Girian to go join them. "Sire, if the wizard is here than we need to get you out of this city, all he has ever wanted was to destroy our bloodline," Scabies whispered.
Sharaf intuitively knew what Scabies was proposing and he would never agree to it, "no, I will not abandon my people, besides there is no way out of the city, we are surrounded," Sharaf answered, Scabies told him, "there is a way sire, if you would follow me," grabbing King Sharaf by the arm and urging him, Antar and Allam to follow him. "Go, me and Caleb will hold him off," shouted Razzak, as Scabies, Sharaf, Antar and Allam left the mines. A portal opened and the wizard lunged forward, Caleb raised his sword and rushed towards him in a blinding fury.
The wizard just raised his arms forward and shouted, "be gone," and Caleb was gone never to be seen or heard from again, Razzak raised his sword in defence, the wizard raised his staff in his right hand and a force shot out of it that knocked Razzak flying, he hit the floor looked up and the wizard was gone.
******
Back in present day Caleb had finished telling his story, "and I have been trapped out here ever since," Caleb said, Rickalas is sat at the end of his bed totally entranced by the story, "wow, that was an amazing story, where are we by the way Caleb," asked Rickalas looking around with no clue as to where he is in the world. Caleb began to explain that they were in the city of Hydra which was built by the Slaads long before the story he had just told and he also asked how Rickalas got inside the tomb as he had been trying for many years. Rickalas replied that he didn't know, "I just touched the door and it shattered," he also told him who was inside.
Caleb became shocked upon hearing the wizards name as he turned his back to him, "that is impossible though I saw him alive, so the question is, why would it let you in and not me," asked Caleb. Rickalas told him that he didn't know' as he reached into his robes pulling out the ring he had found on the wizard, "maybe it as something to do with this ring," he answered, Caleb turned around and walked over to Rickalas' he eyed the ring very closely before taking it from Rickalas's hand, "do you know what this is, this is the ring of the king himself, how the wizard got it I do not know," he said as his eyes lit up.
Rickalas took the ring back of him and looked at it for a few moments before he started to speak, "I know, he stole it from me years ago in Earthrealm, it was given to me by my father, I thought I would never see it again," Caleb began to explain to him that the tomb as been sealed for over nine hundred years and it can't be the ring the wizard stole from him, he also said that the ring can't be faked and that there is only one man who can decipher if the ring is fake. They call him the chosen one of old and Caleb asked Rickalas to seek him out and the chosen one will find him.
He also explained that he heard the chosen one's invulnerable and can't be killed so he should still be alive today, "if indeed your father gave you this ring than it has been passed down from father to son all the way back from Sharaf Thesulac," Caleb whispered, he also told Rickalas that he's a Thesulac and that his ancestor Sharaf must have changed his name to Kay after his wife in order to stay hidden. Caleb got down on one knee, "my king, you must go speak with Scabies, I am sure you have lots of questions, I am going now," Caleb thanked Rickalas as somehow he can now leave this place thanks to him.
He then proceeded to ask Rickalas where he was born, "I was born in Earthrealm in the city of Warwick, why do you ask," he asked, Caleb told him that he's going to retrace his family history back to Sharaf, "goodbye, Rickalas I wish you the best of luck," Caleb spoke. Rickalas nodded at him while Caleb packed some of his belongings together and left as Rickalas went to lay on the bed and the pain he felt inside the wizard's tomb returned and it forced him to pass out.
******
Scarr's outside the entrance to the city of dwarves and Rickalas is over his shoulder, Scarr is feeling very weak because he as teleported too many times without rest and because of that he fell to the floor and dropped Rickalas. Four dwarves rushed down the stone steps towards them and three of them picked up Rickalas but they were struggling to lift his weight whilst the other one tried to help Scarr, but he said no and told them to help Rickalas. They all went up the stone steps, through the arch doorway and the dwarves placed Rickalas on the stone floor. Dran ran over to them and knelt down next to Rickalas.
Dran looked him over and knew this was a mental and spiritual issue, "this is beyond our healers, you need to take him to the elves," said Dran as he stood back up. Scarr asked if someone could take Rickalas to the front entrance and also tell Ki'lak to be ready to leave, he also asked to have his horse ready and if he could have an extra horse. Dran signalled another dwarf and he brought a small cart over to them, the four dwarves put Rickalas on the the cart and Dran told the driver what Scarr said. The dwarf pulling the cart vanished into the tunnels.
Scarr gazed for a moment in the direction they took Rickalas in, "do not worry they know a shortcut that avoids the city, we need to hurry to the entrance also, let us now go," whispered Dran. They both ran as fast as they could through the tunnels and eventually they arrived at the city, they stopped running when they got to the city because they didn't want to cause alarm, they began running again the moment they left the city and eventually they arrived at the entrance were Ki'lak and Lord Dwain are waiting for them. Rickalas is also laid on the floor and there were two horses ready for them.
Scarr rushed over to his horse and tied his swords to it, "hurry there is not much time," panted Scarr, "Ki'lak, you will not be coming," he explained to Ki'lak that he's sending him to Mallace to tell the Guardians what happened and that they are to accompany him to Tirian. "Summon the council of lords," Rickalas mumbled then went back to sleep, "also what he said," Scarr said, Ki'lak agreed and as he did, they both jumped onto their horses and Scarr turned to face Lord Dwain.
Lord Dwain began to smile at Scarr and wished him the best of luck, "I am sorry we did not meet at a better time Scarr," murmured Lord Dwain, Scarr nodded as four dwarves placed Rickalas face down on his stomach over the horse in front of Scarr. Maybe one day Scarr thought to himself as he and Ki'lak gently kicked the side of their horse's and they galloped out of the tunnel into the cool open air. "You go that way," Scarr said pointing towards the direction of the Western Forest, so Ki'lak turned his horse in that direction and rode on, Scarr carried on riding north in the direction of Tirian.
Now that Ki'lak as gone Scarr can now ride faster, faster then any normal person could ride on a horse, he looked to the back of him and saw the Hollow Mountains on the horizon. He rode for hours while approaching more mountains, Rickalas opened his eyes slightly and saw to the west a massive volcano which he knew is the city of Krill the capital of Spiretainea the next realm to the west side of the Azzard. He looked up and saw Scarr and then passed out again, they arrived at the mountains and they passed through a ruined city burned down long ago it was once called Dawnstar which was located at the base of the mountains and the city ended at the Spiretainean border.
******
Ki'lak arrived at the gates of Mallace, the city guards saw him fast approaching so they opened the gates for him and he rode in. He galloped as fast as he could towards the big house at the top of the hill where the lord lived and when he arrived he got off his horse. He went through the front doors and walked towards the throne room and when he arrived he pushed open the double doors and walked in. "Forgive my intrusion my lord, but I seek the Guardians, I was told they are here," said Ki'lak, the lord stood up and eyed him very closely.
The lord began waving his hand towards him, "be gone with you, the Guardians are not to be bothered with," the lord shouted, Ki'lak walked closer to the lord, knelt down and he also faced the floor. "With respect. They will want to be disturbed by me, I bring word from Scarr Thesulac," whispered Ki'lak, the lord's overjoyed by what he just heard. "You know of Scarr. Guards. So tell me as he found him," the lord said, a few seconds later the guards arrived and the lord told them to bring the Guardians. "If you mean Rickalas, than yes, he has," muttered Ki'lak.
Ki'lak eyed the floor very closely not looking at Lord Eanraig in the eye as a sign of respect, "please get up, get up you need not bow to me," said the lord rushing to help Ki'lak up. A few minutes later the Guardians rushed into the room. "Master Guardians, I have news from Scarr, he has found Rickalas. My name is Ki'lak, Ki'lak of Warican," he said, he began explaining to the Guardians how he and Scarr met, than how Scarr found Rickalas and what has happened to him, Ki'lak didn't mention the wizard because he didn't know anything about it.
He then told the Guardians where Scarr's going and that he's been sent to them to tell them they have to meet him in Tirian, "ok, let us go then Ki'lak," muttered Lucyia, Spiros disapproves and he said that he's not going with him as they don't know anything about him, "yeah, he is right, he might kill us or something," laughed Trogen in a sarcastic tone, everyone began busting out in laughter and even his wife Kelsia began to start mocking him as she smiled and said not to worry because she will protect him. Upon hearing Kelsia say that they all began to mock him more.
Johnkal snapped at them and told them all to grow up, "this is no time to be messing around we just have to trust him, Rickalas and Scarr need us," said Johnkal. Ki'lak reassured Spiros and everyone else that they can trust him, everyone trusted him anyway as they knew he couldn't best a Guardian. Spiros didn't care, he still didn't trust him, so they all started arguing with Spiros. "Oh right, I will come, but that does not mean I trust him, ok," snarled Spiros. Everyone stopped arguing and thanked Spiros for agreeing to come with them.
Ki'lak nodded at them all and they too nodded back at him, "right I have just got one more thing left to do, than we can leave," said Ki'lak. Ki'lak left the room and entered the one next door where he sat down and put quill to parchment, when he had finished writing the letter to Scabies he walked outside whistled a few times until an eagle flew down and landed on his right arm, he tied the parchment to the eagle's leg patted her on her head and set her off to fly again.
******