Chapter XVI-The Heart of Chaos

It's the 29th Poseidon 1900 ABM and it's been five days since the council of lords was dismissed, the Guardians had arrived at their necessary cities accompanied by the lord of that city and Rickalas, Damo and Spiros were outside the wizards towers awaiting to go inside. The wizard, Rax and the Spiretons were laying siege to Plutopua which they've been doing for the past two days and also the Plutopian ranks were spread thin and they didn't have a big enough army to match them upon the field of battle. All they could do is defend their home from the battlements of the city, they've the archers and the hot oil from which they can pour down and set them on fire.
The Plutopians never expected a full on assault upon the capital this early in the war and they were not fully prepared for it. The rest of the Azzard is also under siege by the nothing, and every city is lit up like a Christmas tree, but the nothing, were great in numbers now and very strong. Only sunlight kills them, any other form of light only repels them and at this stage the light wasn't doing a very good job. Scarr and Jacinto arrived at Warican and they could see the nothing, a bit away from them, but as for the city they couldn't see it because it's invisible.
Also, where the nothing, is there's also a group of what appears to be three Slaad lords, unknowns, they appeared to be strong wielders in illusion magic, as they were trying to bring the invisibility shield down. "I guess the front gate is out of the question," Scarr said, as Lord Jacinto turned to face him with a raised eyebrow as if saying obviously and began to speak, "not to worry, there is a secret way in a back door," Jacinto smiled as they began walking in the direction of the other entrance, "it will take us under the city's shield," he added as they continued their approach to find the secret entrance.

Meanwhile at the city of Camel the battlefield's outside the city walls which is also lit up with torches everywhere, not only torches but fires as well for extra defence and to give them an advantage against the nothing. Ki'lak is upon the front flank with Lord Pallav by his side and he's dressed in full battle armour just like every other warrior on the battlefield, although Ki'lak wasn't wearing any he's just in his normal clothes. The nothing, were attacking from all flanks such as the left bottom flank and the right bottom flank and the top flanks were being attacked from the air as they were pinned against the battlements of the city.
Wave upon wave of the nothing, attacked them in which a lot of the warriors fell but they were holding on and Ki'lak however didn't have any trouble taking down the nothing, as they came. Lord Pallav struggled to keep up with him, but this isn't a competition to them as the very lives of Camel's citizens were at stake and so they continued to fight. They were ready to give their lives in defence of Camel, a nothing, shot down towards Ki'lak so he just struck it with his short sword and it vanished.

Meanwhile at the city of Medevil they too had the same idea of lighting up the battlefield although they were not holding out so well as they didn't have the man power that Camel has and their warriors were falling by the minute. They're being dragged up into the blackness of the sky and being dropped down upon the warriors of Medevil. It really wasn't good for the army's morale as weak as it already is. "We need to sound a retreat, Lord Saladin," shouted Johnkal and as he fended of three nothings, in a single horizontal motion of his long sword he finished, "now," Lord Saladin turned to face him red in the face and sweat pouring from his brow as he sliced a nothing, with his blade. He cried, "no the city will fall, if my army does not hold them back," as he turned his back to Johnkal to slay a nothing, another one swooped down behind him.
Johnkal rushed over and stabbed it through the back and as it disappeared Lord Saladin turned around and thanked him. Johnkal advised, "you will not have an army left if we do not turn back to the city," he parried against another nothing. Lord Saladin stood there for but a moment with the blood of his brethren hot upon his face, as he stood there, he could hear the screams and the cries of his brothers in the darkened sky above him. A tear let slip down his left eye and in that moment, he realised all is lost as he stared a nothing, in its fiery burning eyes.
He had the urge to give up and accept his fate all the while as he stood there the nothing, raised it's claws above it's head and readied itself to strike, it began to bring it's claws down just as Ja'nel's sword pierced the nothing's, heart, assuming it has a heart. "Retreat. Back to the city," screamed Lord Saladin at the top of his voice, he nodded at Johnkal saying thanks, as they all ran towards the city. The word retreat could be heard from warriors all over the battlefield as they repeated Saladin's words, a choice in which all the lords of the Azzard will ultimately have to make.