1

As long as she could remember, y/n was always a bigger girl. The first few years of her life didn't pose as much of a problem - Her personality made it easy for her to make friends. But as she progressed in elementary school, the self-awareness set in, and people who she thought were her friends made comments that she didn't catch onto until years later.  

Her parents were unconditionally loving, and they wanted her to be healthy - doctor's orders. Growing up, it was constantly diet after diet and she never seemed to catch a break or lose any weight at all. At some point during middle school, she shoved all of that back and pretended like she no longer cared. 

Around her third year of middle school, her mental health took a deep dive into rock bottom - Nothing made her happy, and she isolated herself like never before. Her grades plummeted and her self-consciousness consumed her - She started to think that she was never going to lose anything, and she was never going to find somebody who loved her as she was. 

High school finally rolled around and all she could think about was getting into a relationship, but almost everybody in her school just ignored her. She had a good group of friends who supported her, but at this point, she was over platonic relationships. She wanted romance.

But it never seemed to happen.

Finally, it was her third year - In just a few months, she would graduate and get out. The first couple of months were uneventful and mainly school-focused. Semester two's midterms passed and she didn't do too badly. But with all of that out of the way, she no longer cared about school and was ready to focus on more than just academics. 

---

Walking to school in the dead cold of winter was never fun - especially at 5 in the morning. Y/n was shivering her way to the front doors in the biggest jacket she had which helped, but what didn't was her uniform skirt. Although she hated wearing jackets because they made her feel way bigger than she feels she is, she had no choice today seeing as it was below freezing point.  

Finally, she made it out of the January Arctic and placed her items into her locker, and changed into her uniform shoes like normal. Absorbing the warmth of the school, she took her time on her way to class, luckily still on time. At this point in the year, she had gotten used to the people in her class - some rowdy, some quiet, and some just in between - Y/n fitting into the more quiet group, but it depends on the person she's dealing with. 

Like she did many years previous, she examined the people in her class at the beginning of school in April - scoping out who she could get interested in. This year, her class was alright, but she wouldn't be against the majority. But instead of partnering with somebody she would want to get with, she went with her friend who she was so lucky to have in her class this year - otherwise, she didn't know what she would do. 

Before homeroom, she sat on the desk next to her friend's seat like she did every morning, "Hey," she greeted.

"What's up?" 

"Nothing, just fucking cold."

"I don't blame you, it's freezing out!"

Remembering how she looks when she slouches over, she wrapped her arms around her stomach, just pretending she was cold. "I'm bored, dude."

"Ugh me too," they slouched, "Hey, I know what wouldn't make you bored..."

"Not another one of your ideas, Cam..."

"You gotta get with somebody! You've been waiting this long for somebody to come to you-"

Y/n cut them off, "But I never make the first move, I know! I just don't know what to do!"