12

As Monday quickly came about, Y/n was nervous about how she would act around Tenya. They had kept in touch through text over the weekend, but in person was a different story. Since their Valentine's outing, both of them had noticed a change in their friendship. More compliments and doting had been intertwined into their conversations - And neither of them was mad about it. 

Walking into the classroom, they quickly locked eyes from across the room, smiling nervously as they did so. 

Tenya greeted her as she sat next to him, "Good morning, Y/n." 

"Morning, Tenya," She tried to hold back the flustered tone in her voice from hearing her name roll off his tongue so easily. 

As class commenced, the two of them had snuck glances at each other, being caught by the other now and then. When lunch came about, they would normally sit with each other, but they both agreed to sit with their original friends for the day. 

"Y/n!" 

"Cam!" The two of them hugged each other, having not talked in a hot minute. 

"Dude, you gotta fill me in! You and Iida look hella close." 

"Well..." 

"Spill. Now." 

"Ok, ok!" Y/n told her story of the last few weeks that she and Tenya had spent together, finally concluding with Valentine's Day.

"Y'ALL WENT ON A DATE?!" 

"SHH!" Y/n looked around the classroom and stuffed her hands into Cam's face to shut them up, "Ok, sure, we did, but! There isn't a label on it besides going out for Valentine's Day." 

"Still! Did you guys kiss?" 

"No! But..." she lowered her voice, "He asked me on another date..." 

"Holy shit!" 

"I know!" 

Throughout the period, Y/n explained details to her friend, and they shared stories from their project partner as well. The two of them had gotten closer, and he was talking a lot more to them than before. He was still quiet compared to Cam, but it was progress nonetheless. 

The rest of the day was more of the same, with glances and smiles being exchanged between Y/n and Tenya. 

"Alright students," Mrs. Harris stated, "Before I let you go, tomorrow you will submit your logs for a halfway-point check-in. If you have kept up with your projects, there will be no need to worry." 

Normally, Y/n would be close to hyperventilating right now, but thanks to Tenya, she had kept up with her log. At the end of each day, he would remind her to write down the day's proceedings - As much as she didn't want to, Y/n had to admit, he kept her accountable.

As the students were dismissed, most rushed out of the classroom - But Y/n and Tenya took their time and left together. Walking side by side, they exited the school and made their way toward their own homes. 

Tenya then cleared his throat, "Addressing my elephant in the room..." He paused for a second and tried to hide the shakiness in his voice, "Do you mind discussing a day for our - uhm, apologies - date?"

Y/n's heart jumped out of her chest, "Yeah! I mean, what day are you free...?" Her nerves got the best of her and she started to ramble, "I'm available every day, but I don't know about your schedule and-" 

"I'm available every day... Sorry for interrupting."

"Thank you for that, actually. I wouldn't have shut up if you didn't."