5

In homeroom the next morning, you could tell that each pair was slightly more acquainted than before - Iida and y/n being no exception. There was minimal conversation between them, but whenever they were assigned to do something, he always asked if she needed help with anything. Even though everybody was finally getting used to each other, the majority of people sat with their original friends.

"So, y/n... How was your weekend...?"

"Honestly, It wasn't bad," She explained much to Cam's surprise.

"Really? Did you not wind up studying the whole time?"

"Not once, actually."

"Damn, that's... different than what I expected." 

"Me too, but enough about me. What was your weekend like?" 

"...Quiet."

"As expected."

"I know! I almost exploded!"

"Just talk and maybe he'll answer?"

"I tried!" 

"Well, we just started, so we'll see how it goes?"

Cam agreed, then stopped in thought, "You're oddly optimistic today... are you sick or something?"

"No? I feel fine."

"Weird." Eventually, lunch ended and the class went back to their seats and finished out the day. 

Finally, the day was over, and Ms. Harris stepped in, "I hope all of you had a productive weekend with your partners. Please don't forget, log each interaction along with the emotions and thoughts connected to them. Have a nice rest of your day, you're dismissed."

Anxiously, the class rushed out of their seats and out, basically running through the halls. Like the rule follower he is, Iida called throughout the hallway, "Please, no running in the halls!"

Y/n heard this and found him strolling in the hallway, "Chill dude, people just wanna get home."

"But this could cause a potential danger!"

"I haven't heard of anything happening because somebody was running in the halls?"

"Doesn't mean it cannot happen."

"There's no convincing you, is there?"

"I am a follower of the rules, l/n."

"Doesn't it get boring? Loosen up!"

"School has never been boring to me!"

"We'll work on it..." Y/n walked faster ahead and treaded through the front doors of the school. 

"Miss. L/n!"

She turned around at the call of her name, "Huh?"

Iida caught up to her at the door, "Let me walk you home."

"Why? I can get home on my own."

"It's my duty as your partner to make sure you get home safely."

Y/n stood with a blank face, "My house is only a few blocks away..."

"For the sake of the project, I cannot let you go on your own." 

She stood in disbelief, but let it happen knowing there was no convincing him, "Fine, fine."

"I do not know which way you go to get home, so I will let you take the lead." 

"Alright." She walked home like she normally would, her partner just following her this time. Admittedly, it was awkward just having him silently walk behind, but she tried her best to ignore it.