13

Y/n knocked on the door and awaited a response, the cold February breeze brushing her skin as she stood. Lucky for her low cold tolerance, Tenya quickly opened the door - a warm cast from his home drifting past. He was dressed in a well-fitting sweater paired with pants that fit just right - a flattering look. 

"I thought you said casual?" Y/n greeted with a teasing smile. 

"This is casual." He informed. Catching onto the tease, he continued, "But I see that you didn't quite follow my word?" 

She flashed a look of disbelief, "You're an ass..." 

Tenya responded instinctively, "Language." Stepping closer, he puffed out his chest in a signal, "Shall we go to the car?" 

Y/n smiled at his action, "Indeed we shall."

Although it was cold, they strolled to the garage to find their chauffeur. A comfortable silence rested between them as Tenya led the way -- Y/n was still confused about where to go. With the extensive garage in view, she decided to break the silence.

"So where are we going today?" 

"If I told you, it wouldn't be much of a surprise now, would it?"

"Sneaky...!" 

"Not sneaky, just building anticipation," he corrected. 

Tenya clicked in the combo, and the garage door raised, revealing the oh-so-familiar driver. 

"Ready to go?" He swung the keys around his fingers. 

"Brother, would we be here if we weren't?" 

"Sassy today, are we Tenya?" 

"Tensei-" 

"Y/n! Good to see you again!" 

She smiled at the situation, "Good to see you too Tensei." 

The group climbed into the car, revving up to go. They sped off in familiar directions, but Y/n wasn't exactly sure where they led. It was a short drive, but Tensei eventually pulled up to the front of the long-anticipated destination.  

Tensei looked at the building through the window, "I hope you know what you're doing, Y/n."

"... Me too." 

Tenya opened her door before she could even get unbuckled, leading her toward the building -- It read 'Musutafu Ice Rink,' and she couldn't be more nervous. Ice skating wasn't exactly her forte, and she was scared to fall in front of other people while doing so. But now, she was just scared to fall in front of Tenya. 

As they approached the building, Tenya opened the door for her, catching a glimpse of her face and expression. "Are you alright, Y/n?"

"Uhm, yeah!" she responded spastically, "I'm just not the best at skating..."

Hearing this made him genuinely concerned, "I had no idea! I'll callTensei to bring us somehwere-" 

"No! It's ok... I need to learn sometime." 

"Are you sure?" He focused his eyes on hers, making sure he got the full truth. 

She made eye contact, and immediately became entracted in his deep blue eyes, "Yes..."

They stayed like that for what felt like forever until Tenya broke the silence, "Alright. If you Insist." He straightened himself, "You're in luck because I've been doing this since I was small. You're in good hands, Y/n." 

She smiled at his change in demeanor, "I'm sure I am, Tenya."

He tensed up slightly at the sound of his name from her mouth. His heart pounded, giving him the unfamiliar feeling of not wanting her to stop saying his name. "Shall we get our skated then?" 

"We shall," She smiled. 

After handing in their shoes and tying up their skates, they marched toward the rink, each person having increasingly conflicting feelings as they approached. Tenya smiled, while Y/n tensed up beside him. 

He easily noticed and turned his gaze toward her. Trying not to intrude too much, he gently placed his hand on her shoulder. She twitched slightly, but he kept on, "Try your best to not be so tense... I got you." His voice was gentle and calming, easily taking over her head and easing her thoughts. He stepped onto the ice and held his balance with ease, reaching his hand out. "Here. Take my hand, and I'll guide you until you feel ready." Y/n gazed at his hand and stood still, not being used to somebody talking to her quite like this. He nodded in reassurance, and she eventually took his hand, shakily stepping into the ice and not being able to keep her balance. 

Tenya kept his stance toward her, hand in hand as she wobbled back and forth on the ice. As y/n focused hard on keeping herself from falling, Tenya was distracted by the sight before him. He found great passion and grace in her eyes, despite her struggles. They both reveled in the feeling of each other's hands -- Y/n's small and soft in comparison to Tenya's bigger and rougher ones. 

Eventually, she gained her fragile center of balance; Tenya skated backward and pulled her along the perimeter of the ice. "Careful now... One foot at a time..." He guided. "That's it..." 

She tried to keep up, but stomped the ice in the process, "Tenya! Stop going so fast!" 

"We've barely moved two feet, y/n, but I'll comply..." He smiled at her attempts, finding her way of navigating quite cute. After moving another two feet, Y/n lost her footing through her skates, slipping out from under her, falling forward. Fortunately for her, there was a soft landing -- Rounded, but soft. Raising her head from the surface, above her was a familiar view. "Are you alright, Y/n?" Tenya spoke. 

Y/n gazed at her hands just to see them lightly grasping the sweater around Tenya's self. Panicked, she pushed herself up and tried to stabilize herself once more. "HOLY CRAP! I am SO sorry!!" she pleaded. 

"Please, Y/n, that's what I'm here for! Calm yourself!" He lifted her gently off of his chest and held her at arm's length. "I got you..." he serenaded, "Now one foot at a time. push off and out." Y/n looked down at her feet to make sure she was doing it right. "Looking down will only make you fall," He warned. "Look up at me. I'll keep you steady." 

She looked up to him like he said, trusting him with everything in her to keep her up. Tenya smiled softly at her, reassuring her that she was okay. Y/n smiled back in comfort. To her, his smile erased any wrongs around her -- Wiping the palate clean. She looked into his eyes, examining them like she never had before. She saw the different hues in them and saw how they melded together to create her new favorite color.  Although they were blue, Tenya's eyes were warm and comforting -- Welcoming anyone who looked at them. 

Just then, his voice broke her out of her daze, "Look at you, Y/n! You got it!" 

 "Huh?" She gazed down at her feet running on autopilot, "Holy shit, I am!" 

"Language," He smirked. 

"Oh come on, this day goes down in history!" 

"Fine," he sighed, "I'll let it slide this once." 

"Aww, thank you Tenya." 

"Of course, Y/n."  

They skated the rest of their time, stumbles here and there, but no matter what, they were holding onto each other in some way or another. Even though the date was on the shorter side, they felt like they learned more about each other than ever before. 

On the way home, they sat together, talking constantly -- No room for Tensei to butt in even once. Dropping her off at home was an emotional parting, but they had to. The pair gave each other a quick "See you Monday," and stopped touching for the first time in a while. 

In the past, Y/n had never trusted guys and their actions toward her when it came to love. But this time, she knew this was real. 

1274 words