14

Throughout the weekend, she couldn't stop thinking of the day she spent with Tenya. But as Monday rolled along, she got shy remembering she had to face him again. Approaching her seat, Tenya was already sitting and working -- As per usual. 

"Good morning, Y/n," He smiled. 

A shaky smile crept onto her face, "Morning, Tenya," she whispered. 

"Are you alright? You're quieter than usual."

She flustered in embarrassment, "Uh yeah, I'm fine!" Y/n sat down quickly, avoiding eye contact. 

Still not convinced, he let it slide, "If you insist." 

Y/n scrambled to organize her belongings on her desk and took a much-needed deep breath in an attempt to calm her system down -- Maybe letting herself not freak out in front of him. 

In class, focusing on the lesson helped, but the internal tension still lingered. Her mind played the day repeatedly, never letting her forget how they remained hand in hand until they had to part. As much as she wanted to recreate that right now, Y/n knew that both Tenya and their teacher wouldn't allow that. Now that she thought of it, Cam wouldn't let it happen without confrontation either. 

By the end of the day, Y/n was able to relax and present *relatively* normal, while still in a flustered panic on the inside. After class, Tenya approached her to finally get the full story, easily figuring out her embarrassment. 

"Y/n, you seem a bit on edge today. Are you sure everything's alright? I just want to make sure" 

"I'm good, thanks!" Not preparing to be asked once more, she sped away. 

Thanks to his extensive reach and natural speed, Tenya grabbed her arm before she could get too far. "That doesn't look 'good' to me." 

Wide-eyed and naive, she looked up at him, " I'm fine, I swear!" Not believing a word, he gave her the sharpest answer of silence. "Oh, he's scary..." Taking a deep breath, she finally gave up. "Fine, fine. You win."

He let go of her arm and gave her a soft look, "What's on you're mind?" 

"I don't know! I just feel all..." She moved her hands around herself trying to get the words out. 

Tenya took a "wild" guess, "Flustered?" 

"YES!" 

"I had a feeling... How come?" 

"UH..." As much as she wanted to say it, she didn't want to offend him. But to not keep him waiting longer than he has, she spilled her guts out, "...You?" 

His eyes widened in slight surprise, "Me? I don't understand- Oh!" Y/n smiled awkwardly, "...Do I make you flustered, Y/n?" The girl in question looked to her feet, trying to hide her face as it went bright red. She responded in silence speaking a thousand words. Tenya cleared his throat in understanding. "Well, if I'm going to be completely honest... You make me quite flustered as well."

Y/n looked up in shock, "Really? But I never see you like that." 

"Yes. I don't show it in case it was to make you feel uncomfortable. That is the last thing I would want to do." 

By now, the pair stood face to face outside their classroom, spilling their truths to each other, looking into each other's eyes with admiration and pure feeling. From an outside perspective, it was simply two people having a staring contest -- But to them it was a revolution of sparks, igniting the flame of connection, and giving off a warm feeling in their chests. The moment only lasted a few short seconds, but it felt like hours -- and they never wanted it to end. 

Finally realizing they were still outside their classroom, Tenya cleared his throat, "Shall we get going now?" 

Face flushed and flustered, Y/n stuttered to her words, "Uh, yeah! I guess we should." 

Although they had just shared a moment of relation, they (mostly Y/n) walked awkwardly side-by-side. Eventually exiting the school, tension still remained -- a magnetic forcefield that the two of them currently rejected. Further and further they went, still the same, Y/n taking glances down to Tenya's swinging hand as they walked. Internally sweating and panicked, she hesitated to take it.  "Just do it, Y/n. You've done it before..."  With her heart and brain at battle with one another, her hand was shaky to reach, but finally, her hand had made contact with his. 

Not expecting the sudden contact, Tenya turned his head toward Y/n. He took a second to process, trying to figure out whether he was dreaming or not -- But once he realized it was real, a soft smile gleamed across his face. She didn't notice his reaction and immediately assumed she did something wrong and tugged her hand away, "I'm sorry I should-" 

A surprise to her, Tenya grabbed her hand back, "Please don't apologize," he reassured, "I'm glad you're willing to, and I don't want to make you feel like you can't." Sure, he was flushed in the face, but was able to control himself many times better than Y/n -- Who was visibly stunned.

The rest of the walk, the pair was hand in hand, smiling in a comfortable silence. close together, they combated the chill of February. As the intersection approached, they dreadfully parted and headed toward their respective residencies. Walking in the door, Y/n was met with a view of her mother in the kitchen. 

"Hey, Y/n! How was school?" 

"It was alright. Didn't do much." 

Her mother gave a look of concern, "You feeling alright? Your face is a little red."

Not realizing her blush was that visible, Y/n panicked, "Uh, yeah! I'm alright! Just cold outside!" 

"Is it the boy...?"

"NO!"

"Aww, yes it is!" 

"No, it's not!" She sped toward her room before her mom could rightfully accuse her more. 

"Come on, Y/n! Tell me what's goin' on with him, I wanna know!" 

"There's not anything 'going on'  with us. We're not even official." 

Her mom smiled, "Sounds like you want it to be, though." Y/n replied with silence and a thoughtful face. "You know, I felt a similar way with your father when we first started dating." 

"Bullshit." 

"Nope, all truth," She explained further, "We went on a couple of dates, and sure, we slowly moved along physically, but that was really it. We weren't official and I needed that closure. So, I asked him to be my boyfriend."

"Just spontaneously?" 

"Yup!" 

"That makes too much sense for you." 

"What can I say?" 

"Not much, Ma. Not much." 

She laughed, "Alright, I'm gonna keep cooking dinner. You, need to get your homework done!" 

"Ugh fine." 

"Just do it!" 

"I'm doing it, I'm doing it!" 

"Good!" 

1098 words